The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Anybody watching the reboot of Night Court?

Just kidding. It looks terrible. This sentence is just to make the spoiler longer.

4 Likes

I watched it on first run and looooooved it but wtf at the s1 finale. I’m not sure how I feel about there being a second season continuation.

Sad to say I did not enjoy Peripheral enough to finish.

Yeah Periph sucked, I quit after three eps.

1 Like

This is really really fun. So intense to watch.

1 Like

IDK if its got legs but we’re out of touch with the mainstream viewer itt

I mean mainstream viewers watch like 20 hours of CSI per week and have never heard of white lotus

1 Like
3 Likes

Good god I’m only halfway through S2, how does everyone watch through so much TV these days?

2 Likes

Is white Lotus good?

We tried the first season and gave up after an episode.

20210323_233851

2 Likes

RFC to ban Rugby

8 Likes

yes

Good not great imo.

I just watched the first two episodes. It seems like a very straight-forward traditional sitcom that is old-school in its presentation. I feel like the cast has talent and if the show can find a direction bigger than nostalgia, this could be a good show.

John Larroquette remains a treasure. (I miss The John Larroquette Show.) He kind of reminds me of sequel trilogy Luke Skywalker in terms of being a cranky, older version of the original.

I finished it last night. I liked the ending, but yeah, I think S1 was better overall (I may need more time to digest it a bit). A lot of really amazing performances in this season, though. Some of those scenes in E5/6 with Imperioli and Abraham, just off the charts. Coolidge’s performance was better this season, the character was given a lot more to do and she really tore into it IMO.

1 Like

I know I am the minority but Coolidge is pretty bad imo. She is for sure the worst cry actor of all time.

Really appreciate the first episode and them introducing nearly all of the competitors. Its a lot of ground to cover and they seem to do a great job making it interesting and not tedious

A wild Dustin Nippert appears!

Yah, I’m not super tuned in to Korean society, but seems like they got a ton of stars for this. I recognized about 8 of them.

Production values are high and I like that they’re constantly reminding you who each person is b/c it’s super difficult keeping track of Korean names. The best I could do is reminding myself Hak is the gymnast.

Also, I wonder what the backstory is on MMA fighter Sexyama having a Japanese and Korean name? His 1v1 challenge will be interesting b/c he could obviously seriously hurt his opponent if he wanted to. I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t win though, his wrestling and ground game should give him a big advantage over 95% of the field. Hopefully he competes in the wrestling course and not the agility one. I’m sure his opponent will choose agility if he has the option.