The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Cool, Ill check it.

1 Like

Liking season 2 of white lotus but lol at the worst sex worker of all time. Has sex never having discussed rate just assuming guy she picked up in bar knows by some magic.

https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/1618009508420386817?t=ZFf_63nCGkkEtWMjpfTWZw&s=19

Is anyone immune from cancellation these days?

First they came for Roiland, and I said nothing vibes.

I had a similar objection but it makes sense if you keep watching.

Howwwwwwwww?

1 Like

Like, theyve cancelled all these great animation shows, and NOW discovery is like “Yeah, we can totally continue shelling out money for this show that is already on its last legs with the voice of the two main characters gone.”

1 Like

It’s as easy as finding a team of voice actors to mimick all the voices he does and also to copy his unique improvisational style. I’m sure it’ll work out great.

1 Like
1 Like

I just want a show that I can watch while stoned and it makes me laugh as hard as Rick and Morty seasons 2-4. Any recommendations?

Nathan for you is S tier stoned watching material.

If youre into puns, though it gets heavy, the comedic writing on Bojack is top of the heap. There are at least ten laugh out loud moments per episode + some thinkers + some surprise laughs.

Golden age Simpsons still slays in the humor department.

S1-3 Of Community really hits the spot when high.

I really enjoyed Inside Job and thought there was some great comedy, but dont get attached as it ends on a cliffhanger and the show is now dead.

1 Like

Solar opposites is good…but it was also by Roiland.

1 Like

newest season of american dad slaps

season 19 american dad episodes RANKED by how fun they are to watch stoned

1. gold top nuts
  2. echoes
  3. you are here
  4. book of fischer
  5. beyond the alcove or: how i learned to stop worrying and love klaus
  6. the fast and the spurious
  7. gernot and strudel
  8. the grounch
  9. the three f’s
  10. a roger story
  11. the curious case of the old hole
  12. dressed down
  13. langley dollar listings
  14. a song of knives and fire
  15. jambalaya
  16. please please jeff
  17. epic powder dump
  18. i heard you wanna buy some speakers
  19. hayley was a girl scout?
  20. american dad graffito
  21. a league of his own
  22. smooshed: a love story
3 Likes

I’ve been liking Bling Empire: New York on Netflix so far

I could take or leave the original, which I think was based in LA, but this one seems to take itself less seriously and is fun as far as trashy reality shows go.

Could it finally be time for a live action reboot?

I think the modern zeitgeist of serialized character arcs means people would absolutely get hooked by a live action Simpsons in which the actors/characters get older and grow up over ten seasons.

1 Like

I would rather get into a tub of live pirannha

1 Like

Damn, ive been completely out of the loop since the TBS move. Recommendations for seasons since?

1 Like

maybe recency bias but i feel like the most recent season has a ton of bangers. but lots of great episodes in the last 5 or so seasons. catch up on hulu, they’ve got everything except the last 6 episodes or so

2 Likes

Finished white lotus season 2. Thought it was far better than season one.

As a non-watcher of White Lotus, does having watched the show enhance this SNL sketch?

Also, some bonus Parks and Recreation stuff for fans of the show (which I also never watched).