The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Very mild video game spoilers regarding the differences if you haven’t played the game but are curious.

Episode 1 was a near shot for shot remake of the game, almost to a fault. Episode 2 was quite a bit as well, but deviates a bit. The hivemind of the of the infected is a new twist. The military was a more a more significant enemy in the early part of the game.

Done 4 eps of season two of white lotus and I like it way more than season one.

2 Likes

The show is going to spoil the shit out of the game. I haven’t seen ep 2 yet but ep 1 was pretty faithful to the game and I can’t imagine they are going to mess with the ending.

should i play the game or watch the show?

For those not in the know, Netflix has the GOAT seasons of Survivor (16, Micronesia), Big Brother (10) and Amazing Race (5) all up at the same time

1 Like

I actually liked Dexter New Blood but I have always had a soft spot for Dexter.

2 Likes

I thought New Blood was awesome and shockingly managed to wash out the taste of the final OG seasons. Kinda wish they’d continue with his son.

Both ldo

Depends on what type of games you like. There is a LOT of stealth in the game, and I know a lot of people don’t necessarily like that kind of thing.

But I can’t answer your question until I see the whole series. It seems like it’s really a great adaptation, because it cuts what needs to be cut, expands on stuff (but not unnecessarily), and keeps the most critical parts of the story.

1 Like

Any race or gender swap casting to annoy right-wingers?

One so far

Two i believe

oh i guess, so. Honestly, 3 then, since two are brothers.

1 Like

It always felt like it was a puzzle game at its core. Each sequence usually had an optimal path to get through it, that involved some mix of sneaking by some infected, stealth killing others, and then going kamikaze on some others. Choose the wrong method and you either get swarmed or end up depleting too many resources.

Solid adult animation continuing to take hits

Netflix's Inside Job canceled despite previous season 2 renewal | EW.com.

But don’t worry y’all, Milf Island is here to stay!

In a perfect world I’d say play the game and then watch the show. Even if it were the same story beat for beat playing the game makes you identity with the characters much more than the show ever will. But if you don’t have time for that then the show seems to be pretty faithful so far so you’re going to get a close approximation

1 Like

First 2 (of 9) episodes of Physical: 100 have dropped on Netflix. It’s a Korean reality competition with 100 competitors of various body types (almost all are very strong) to see who can outlast all the others to win. It has a bit of a Squid Game feel.

Very high production values and they got some big names in Korean society. I can’t wait to see the rest of the season.

1 Like

Location?

The 'flix. Edited it in.