The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Quick TV trivia. Who’s this?

Its actually impressive just how bad an average new player is at this. Ive been on a LOT of bad village teams, but this might be the worst one Ive ever seen.

Fair fucks, they don’t get a seer, but its still maasive incompetence.

Chairman Kaga?

Never would have got it on my own, but now that you mention it, this seems right.

Chairman Kaga

I don’t know, at the halfway point of Season 1 Stewey is marginally likable no?

1 Like

Watching an old drama in which he’s the co-lead and his character is the complete opposite of who he became known for.

Just found out NewsRadio is streaming free on the Roku channel. Best show ever!

It starts a little slow. But by midway through the first season it hits its stride, until the 5th season after Phil Hartman died, which mostly sucks except for a few episodes which are all time classics (Matthew’s smart drink and Matthew becomes a punk).

Did you watch the show Spin City? I keep wondering if it holds up. I remember loving it with Michael J Fox and thinking it made a remarkable transition when Charlie Sheen took over.

I’m not sure I ever stopped to process how many times Sheen successful replaced an actor for a lead role. Anytime a show tried to go the reverse and replace Tiger Blood, it insta tanked.

Not really. But @microbet and I played poker with Richard Kind (and David Cross) at the Nugget when I could have been at a $32k blowout at Spearmint Rhino after Alan Sass came in 2nd in a WSOP event.

For the record it was my decision. Not Microbet’s fault. Clearly I’m still not over my poor choice.

1 Like

@RiskyFlush need report on final two eps of Fleishman!

Been a long time so I’m fuzzy in the details, but I wasn’t going to the Rhino like no matter what. I’m sure I didn’t force you not to go, but maybe I am partly to blame.

1 Like

Were you playing in The Grand?

I didn’t know y’all was IRL poker buds. That’s neat.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was the Nugget.

No it wasn’t your fault. I didn’t want to go. But then I immediately regretted it when I heard what an epic night it was.

I guess in some sense it’s your fault for existing. If I had no option of playing at the Nugget I probably would have gone.

1 Like

Break Point is the new tennis version of the F1 Drive to Survive series. Though it lacks some of the the coolness and impact of the F1 show, it’s still way cool to see these elite athletes close up and behind the scenes.

Can’t wait for the Full Swing golf documentary.

They are doing a cycling version this year too I think

1 Like

Last of Us starts tonight I am pumped.

1 Like