The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I’ll be very upset if the Zombies did not win. I tried a couple of times to watch TWD but it just seemed like the same scene over and over.

I can enjoy zombie movies. Not series apparently.

Was into The Walking Dead when it first started. Absolutely loved the first episode.

The S1 finale was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen, but my wife and I stuck with it for a few more seasons.

Eventually the stupidity of just about every character (especially the women, who were written horribly) was just too much and we gave up.

4 Likes

Had a free year of AppleTV+ that runs out soon, and they’re jacking the price a couple bucks per month. Any TV shows on there that we should binge before canceling? We’ve watched Severance, Ted Lasso, Bad Sisters, and the musical with Keegan Michael Key. Thanks in advance.

They definitely covered the spread.

5 Likes

Slow horses. There are going to be additional seasons but it has an overarching story that wraps up, more so than severance.

2 Likes

I love this season as well, and I was worried that there was no way it was going to live up to S1’s greatness after killing off Armond. But I feel like I’ve already figured it out and it makes me sad. :(

Regarding you specific point: I cannot recall who said the line, but I distinctly recall someone
in that group mentioning, as if in exposition, something along the lines of how they “only hang out with old, rich women.” Something along those lines. So that, plus the shiftiness of Uncle Rico that we saw up to this point (remember how pissed off he was to see the assistant show up?), plus how conveniently all of these guys magically appear right after Uncle Rico splits, leads me to believe that he is in on some kind of plot with them to separate her from her fortune. Chekov’s prenup and all that. This is also why I think Jack showed up when he did (basically, to neutralize Portia). I feel like those dead bodies from episode 1 will come mostly, if not completely, from this group.

2 Likes

Perfect - thanks. Hadn’t even heard of that one - sounds up our alley.

1 Like

I agree with the idea and was kind of leaning towards something like this.

1 Like

They did a montage of the cast that had come and gone and holy shit there were a lot that I had completely forgotten about.
Darryl and Carol the only survivors from the Premiere?

Yup (and technically Rick)

1 Like

Coda for movies if you havent seen it yet

2 Likes

Foundation

1 Like

Peacock black Friday is a year at a dollar a month

Hulu for 2 dollars a month

I think it’s supposed to be a millennial thing

Yup (and technically Rick)

LOL. I haven’t watched this show in like 10 years and just looked up what happened to Rick. God that show (and comic) sucked.

Wow Uncle Rico got old. I had no idea that’s who that was.

God it feels like two lifetimes ago I sat down with my roomates to watch the first episode. Remember when AMC was prestige television? Never really my cup of tea and I bailed out completely after season 2ish but you have to respect a show that’s been going for so long, congrats to dkls for being a part of it all.

i think i made it 5 or so seasons. i remember getting to a point where everyone said it sucked and i still kinda liked it and then i just stopped watching out of shame.

I quite liked Walking Dead. First 4 seasons are all pretty good imo. S5 the rot started to set in, S6 was mostly bad and S7 was terrible, I dropped it halfway through that season. I heard it got decent again later but I’ll probably never pick it back up. The season 4 episode The Grove, the one where Carol shoots that mentally ill kid Lizzie was probably the high point of the show.

tl;dr? Dont care about spoilers obv.