The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

5 eps into Only Murders in the Building

My wife: so I don’t understand what a podcast is

8 Likes

Agreed, and I don’t hate her in a good way, more in a get the hell off my screen way. I actually started fast forwarding thru her scenes in E3 and I never do that.

Everything else is excellent. I want to binge this show so badly.

The vespa scenes were hilarious

4 Likes

The vespa was ok, only b/c she isn’t as terrible with her husband. I checked out when she went to see the fortune teller. Knew that scene would tilt me too much.

Looks heavy, but the wife wants to watch so we’re going in.

This show is my jam. I don’t know why I like small scale upper class suburbia drama so much. I like White Lotus a lot too. 2 episodes in and I’m going to see it through. There’s a bit more nudity, simulated sex and general lewd stuff than I would have expected going in but it doesn’t detract from the show.

1 Like

I’m getting a “weird for weird’s sake” vibe.

I am always doing other stuff while watching TV so I can’t so subtitles. But the dubbing is rough. Don’t think I can stick with this one.

Watched both episodes and I’m in as long as characters aren’t idiots

I would like to address the subject of Jane’s death in Turning Evil, and perhaps unsurprisingly, I think it is first degree murder, by Walt & Jesse.

I’m never sure what level you’re on, but I’ll answer as if level one. I don’t believe Walt used meth? Did he? If we’re supposed to think he did, then I missed it.

New half season of Inside Job is out. Great if you like Simpsons, Futurama etc

First new episode and they’ve made fun of Elon, Alex Jones and had Kissinger kill himself.

He never used meth. There is not a shred of evidence in the show he did.

2 Likes

Another good White Lotus, wish I could binge this. Wonder what the deal is with these new folks getting friendly with terrible rich lady, they might be up to no good.

I’d never watched the credits until tonight but the theme song is hot and the visuals are pretty great too

3 Likes

I had read the original New Yorker article a few years ago and figured this would be really good, and within the first couple episodes it was obvious they were going way over the top fictionalizing it.

I think something closer to the real story would have been better, and more character driven. Or a documentary.

They should have just exaggerated the real story like 25% and it could have been B+ television. Instead they exaggerated like 250% and made D- guilty pleasure viewing crap.

For those who aren’t familiar, here’s the original newspaper article that inspired The Watcher. I promise, the article >>>>>>>> the show. There have been some update articles since the show dropped.

Wasn’t too impressed by the first season.

The scientist dad is basically a carbon copy of Rick Sanchez and everything seemed way too on the nose. No subtlety at all.

Jennifer Coolidge actually acted human and didn’t ruin the episode. I feel spoiled with this and Andor. I’m just loving the interactions/dialogue and even episodes where not much happens are still great.

The story reminds me of this movie, which I absolutely love.

1 Like

That looks interesting. I’ll have to see if it’s streaming anywhere.

It’s a bit more political than a pure psychological thriller. But it has some relation to the Watcher story in the sense that there’s a surface level mystery about who is doing the surveillance, but the real interesting part is the impact it has on people that know they are being watched, their relationships, etc. It’s pretty fascinating.

2 Likes