The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Opposite of simp (credit to suzzer)

Salt Lake City is the spot they came up with?

1 Like

Andor is A+

After 2 episodes of Peripheral decided to wait to binge. Too complicated to space it out.

Found “All Quiet on the Western Front” a solid watch (If a little confusing on who’s who in some action scenes). Never read the book, though probably assigned a few times.

“Tales of the Jedi” more notable for canon reveals than the actual episodes themselves. Watch if you have an hour and the slightest interest beyond the tent pole movies.

"Little Demon" clever watch with a million little jokes. Enjoyed. Tiny commitment.

Have never watched or read any of Interview with the Vampire books or movies and liked most of the current series. No idea how it holds up to previous versions.

https://twitter.com/KevKoeser/status/1590422264998420480

2 Likes

I have no idea who any of those guys are. That makes me happy.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatrickFabian/status/1590398209134067717

2 Likes

I just today watched the BCS where Jimmy dressed up as Howard, complete with fake tan, and threw a hooker out of Howard’s car

5 Likes

Did you see the lineup?

Holy shit I didnt recognize Bob

1 Like

fyp

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OCATCOfficial/status/1590787402305794048?s=20&t=xR3Ea5I_bYTvRYKekHvmJg

2 Likes

“Roar” on Apple TV+ is really good. It’s a feminist Black Mirror basically.

Rewatching Ushijima the Loan Shark on Netflix. Can’t get enough of it.

Dark comedy about usury money lenders and a desperate motley cast of characters eternally indebted to them. A lot of what is portrayed in the series is not far from what you can see on the streets of Tokyo.

Not sure how well many of the culturally embedded nuances of Japanese humor translate over into the English version, but if you’re in the mood for something different, give it a try.

The FIFA show on Netflix is mind blowing.

The Old Man is pretty good through 2 episodes, 2nd episode dragged a bit but I’ll keep watching.

Watched a few episodes of the Quantum Leap reboot. It’s solid. Nothing ground breaking (obviously) and since it’s on network TV, there’s nothing real edgy or overly interesting, but it works so far. One of those shows that’s easy to sit down and watch with your significant other and not have to think too hard about.

The clear weaknesses are built in because it’s Quantum Leap: a) you know he’s not getting home, at least not any time soon, and b) you know he’s going to solve the episode’s problem, or else there’s no next episode.

Some of that lack of suspense is mitigated by the parallel story line, which I won’t spoil here.

It’s also cool that they tied in the old show. It’s been forever since I watched the original, so I can’t say if this is better or worse. I suspect the original was better when it comes to the protagonist solving the problem of the day, but I don’t remember there being the parallel story line, so that’s probably better with the new one.

Also, I’m waiting for them to redo this:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind suggestions for shows like this, something predictable but well-executed, not breaking any tropes so that I can enjoy without thinking too hard.

Abort now! It gets really bad

1 Like

Well that sucks! wife and I are pretty much out of shows to watch together so we’ll keep going for now.

I had a slightly higher opinion of the show and enjoyed most of it. But the entire premise kinda falls apart and doesn’t make any sense at all by the end of the season, and if they’re still planning S2 I have no idea how that works because none of the characters’ motivations are coherent.