The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

given how quickly it was veering into total insanity when I stopped watching, I honestly don’t know if you’re pulling my leg

2 Likes

It’s not real, but it’s not much more ridiculous than the actual show, and would definitely be way more entertaining.

This is somehow more ridiculous than what I came up with

1 Like

Like holy shit, this is a worse S1 to post S1 decline than Prison Break or Heroes, and I didnt think that was possible

oh ok I was gonna say shit, I’d watch the hell out of that

2 Likes

I’m leaving a lot out, I don’t remember it all and nothing really bears mentioning. Once June is out of Gilead, they have to manufacture drama any way they can, which mostly involves June stalking around with a hideous scowl and being on the edge of going on a violent rampage.

1 Like

I assumed it was 100% serious

2 Likes

It was all downhill once they broke out.

HOTD

First 10 minutes. Why’d they make this show so dark? It’s like they applied a fish eye filter and turned the brightness down by 50%. I can barely see anyone. It’s funny because there’s a candle chandelier but since the filter is applied in post even the big ass burning candles in the chandelier looks dull and dark

How many total episodes will there be this season? I’m definitely going to watch it (can’t help myself), but I want to wait until it’s all out and then binge.

This is essentially what I’ve been feeling about the watcher

https://twitter.com/jeffvandermeer/status/1582901192614883329

Did I see that character actress Margo Martindale is in this?

2 Likes

yeah she has a small but critical part, just a few lines per episode, extremely snarky, A+ as always

Best part of the Americans

1 Like

And Bojack Horseman

1 Like

She was great in Justified. Very underused on The Watcher.

I’m not sure. If you make it past episode 7, more power to you! Please report back when you try.

I watched two episodes of The Watcher and then fast forwarded through the rest.

1 Like

Watching the last episode of The Watcher. God I fucking hate this show.

How do they have their old house in NY back when the other house hasn’t sold yet? Was it just sitting empty all this time, how did they keep it? It’s a brownstone in New York? That’s more expensive than the watcher house! I thought they didn’t have any money.

Final take:

Boooooooooooo

1 Like

Yeah, last two episodes have been solid.

I’m surprised they’re keeping the mystery of the Star Man up in the air all season long, that’s a great way to keep an audience hooked. I’m honestly not sure if it’s Sauron or Gandalf.