The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Yea I can get on board with this take, but he did kill a lot of people including children. He often attempted to sedate them so they wouldn’t feel pain, but that just means he wasn’t a sadist, which would make him very unusual for a serial killer, often they get sexual gratification from killing and inflicting pain.

Sounds like you had the sense to stop when I should have. It should have ended at the end of season 3. They have totally run out of ideas.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/1575852929415671808

2 Likes

How odd, looks like one original cast member is missing from that list.

I wonder why…

I loved the stories about Chevy Chase behind the scenes on that show. Refusing to read the scripts, and when they explain they emailed the script to him, he responds, “my email’s in New York!”

I say my email’s in new york now too, when I can’t be bothered

2 Likes

He also tagged Gillian Anderson instead of Gillian Jacobs. People wondering if he “Britta’ed” it on purpose for laughs or if he really accidentally tagged the wrong person. I’m guessing the former.

1 Like

Would be a pretty Dan Harmon thing to do to replace Jacobs with Anderson in the same role and just not say anything about it.

that’s exactly what his character would say. very method

1 Like

I was friends with Joel when Community was being produced and visited the set one day to have him sign some stuff for a charity auction. On my way to the stage Chevy passed me walking the other way, happy as a clam, totally unbothered. When I arrived Joel told me that Chevy had walked off, again.

5 Likes

ROP Episode 6

Well finally some big action. No clue what’s going on in the bigger picture yet

From the reddit thread on this apparently she doesn’t have a Twitter so whenever he wants to tag her he purposely tags Gillian Anderson instead, who has actually responded to it so it’s now a bit

3 Likes

ha, that’s great

dlk9s jr and I went out to start piecing together his Halloween costume. Item #1:

Currently watching a documentary about the restoration of Notre Dame. The host while touring the site: “I’ve noticed there’s quite a lot of fire extinguishers up here.”

1 Like

1.5 episodes into dahmer, what the fuck I mean I know about this dude but I don’t think I can handle watching this

:vince:

Nathan Fielder, parasociality, and the existentiality of creation and consumption.

3 episodes down now. This is objectively a great show and Evan Peters is killing it but gotdamn it’s … challenging. Im definitely going to finish this but I can’t handle more than one episode a night.

2 Likes

I’m at like 1.2 episodes in, I can’t handle more than about 10 minutes at a time but I’m liking it too.

1 Like

Randomly heard about a show called Players on Paramount+ and I love it after watching three episodes.

It’s a fake documentary about a fictional League of Legends esports team. It’s not really a “mockumentary” in that it actually tries to look like a real documentary, and it does that very well. So far, so good.

1 Like