The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Isn’t it also just an FX show that then gets put on Disney Plus? It’s like calling It’s Always Sunny a “Disney show.”

Its not on Disney plus and likely never will be. It was most likely already bought and produced before Disney even bought Fox.

part of the satanic panic is that there’s this idea of a overarching grand plot to replace everything god with satan or something something, all these deep dives do is reinforce that by emphasizing and highlighting any satanic “manipulations” they see in the content.

if you go deeper a lot of it’s rooted in antisemitism because of course it is.

just spotted this one in the wild, it’s standard fare:

tempted to join that telegram but I know better. you guys have little idea how crazy people are, lol.

The patient

No laughs still. The show is becoming “does this guy have what it takes to silently cut his foot off in the middle of the night and hop to safety?”

He had a couple good chances this week tho

1 Like

Too low imo.

I think if they put sex and the city in that spot I’d be fine with it even though I’ve never seen an episode, because I’ve heard it was wildly popular, but to put fleabag in as #5 TV show of all time feels like it’s pandering

Top 5 is a bit much, but it’s seriously a brilliant show.

You should watch it.

EDIT: Now not sure if you meant “never seen Fleabag” or “never seen SATC”.

Fleabag I liked a lot, but having seen it I’m perplexed as to why it’s #5 of all time

Fleabag is one of the few “perfect” shows. Didn’t overstay its welcome or do a few unnecessary cash grab seasons.

Maybe didn’t hit the heights of some other shows, but far too many go on too long and hurt their reputation.

1 Like

Rewatching Mad Men finally and like most good tv it both has a high rewatchability factor and lots to pick up on the 2nd time through.

5 Likes

I’d put MASH over Cheers, and Curb over Seinfeld.

1 Like

BB/BCS rewatch/first time watch for my son.

One Minute might rival Ozymanidas for best episode of the series. Its so good from minute one.

Too much cringe comedy on the list, but that’s the trend of late.

Was All in the Family on the list? I don’t remember seeing it.

rick and morty

I am actually really enjoying this season, seeing rick’s home dimension was good, always has been a bit of an unknown. him creating a ghost of his former wife to haunt him was very interesting. the line “oh this is when I was DRINKING drinking” made me laugh harder than maybe any other line in television. they’re exploring his alcoholism a lot and they’ve never really tried to grow him as a character, so it’s good to see. love it so far

Glad to see Atlanta in the top 10. It’s uneven, but the best episodes are imo the most creative and entertaining of the last decade. Also the 3 main actors are all great (why isn’t Lakeith Stanfield a superstar yet ?). Season 4 is off to a pretty good start btw !
It’s the only recent show (with “Succession”) that I would qualify as really excellent.

As someone who started watching American TV in the mid 00s, I sort of took for granted that we would always be getting shows that were of comparable quality to the best movies, but lately most of my TV watching has felt like a waste of time…

I get that, but the show is called Little Demon, the main characters are Satan and the anti Christ. Not much subterfuge going on there. No hidden meanings, it’s not hidden at all.

Who is the more sympathetic character on House of the Dragon?
  • Alicent
  • Rhaenyra
  • They’re both equally good
  • They’re both equally bad
  • No opinion
  • I don’t watch the show

0 voters

HOTD:

Alright, the show’s getting good. The princess is marrying a gay guy and her lover just beat the shit out of her husbands lover. You’ve got a pissed off prince that just brutally murdered his wife. This sickly king looks like he’s about to die soon and the infighting over the vacant throne will begin. Sike! Fast forward 10 years and the sickly king is still alive. The princess has 3 kids with some other dude you don’t know. Daemon has a couple kids and is apparently doing fuck all nothing. We cast two new actresses to play the characters 10 years later because apparently the idea of casting actresses in their early 20’s to play both teenagers and late 20s like every other show that had a time jump did is just too hard or something. Also here’s a kid jacking off in a window.

I seriously had to check to make sure I didn’t miss an episode or something. Could you have picked a more unnatural spot to skip ahead 10 years? I guess the show is redeemable still but episodes 1-5 definitely felt like they were building to something that wasn’t this.

2 Likes

Four episodes in and I’m not really feeling Andor.

A lot of people I know have been raving about Reboot, so I am surprised to find it pretty meh. It’s something the wife and I can watch together, but that’s about it after two episodes.

1 Like