The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

The Mom is incredibly irresponsible putting her young child into that spot, but also I doubt Nathan and Co. will ever do anything like that again with very young actors.

The slightly older kid with glasses has some great acting chops.

1 Like

Finally started The Rehearsal. Why is everyone making fun of Scion guy? He seems pretty chill and less crazy than the mom character. My wife didnā€™t like NFY, but she finds this very funny.

Were you only half way through the episode when you posted this?

I finished the third ep. I find it funny that he bailed midway through the first night, but also very relatable.

Yah, just a completely normal dude.

BTW, how curious that your post contains 35 words, 35 being the year Matthew completed his gospel.

7 Likes

This video goes into the making of Childs Play and its really interesting to contrast the 6 year old actor here with the 6 year old from The Rehearsal.

new GOT show premiers tonight, Iā€™m ready for it to suck but Iā€™ll be watching

3 Likes

Yeah I dont have any hopes at all, which is probably the best way to go into a show like this

1 Like

The NYTs review wasnā€™t exactly glowing, if you put any credence into that sort of thing.

It kind of sucks that you can go read the entire plot in advance if you want. Iā€™m not sure who this prequel is made for, casual fans probably arenā€™t going to care about ancient Westeros history and nerd fans already know what happens to all the principals.

Iā€™m that guy.

Iā€™m more than casual fan, but I havenā€™t gotten around to reading anything other than the 5 books in the series. I also kind of planned to but it was low on the list. So, this series is of interest and Iā€™m not spoiled on it.

2 Likes

First House of the Dragon ep was fine, I guess? Dragons, palace intrigue, lots of gratuitous sex and violence. Very blond people. An absurd production budget. Dunno if Iā€™m going to care about what happens to anybody, but seems like a reasonably decent start.

2 Likes

barry is great, why didnt anyone tell me hader could act wtf

5 bags, easily, although season 3 is getting fairly dark already

4 Likes

Im pretty sure multiple people told you that in here (not directly of course, but I havent seen a dissent of Barry being great itt yet)

i stand by what i said!

1 Like

dont get sucked in, theyā€™ll break your heart

idk. was always a book reader long before the show. I enjoyed the show the most when it was adapting or reimagining the book, and enjoyed it the least when it was doing its own thing.

whether thatā€™s me loving to see the text come to life, or grrm is just a better storyteller, idk.

1 Like

Different guys and different source (finished) right?

no idea honestly, about 6 years ago I deemed that IP not nerding out to the degree I do to Warcraft or Tolkien lore, because we still donā€™t really know that itā€™ll ever be finished (it wonā€™t).

Not that that makes it less worth following or anything, just for me, i canā€™t invest too much into it

angry winkler face is a vibe but i canā€™t quite place it

maybe me when i get asked too many questions by the barrista when i say i want just a plain coffee

1 Like