The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Wonderful video here outlining why Kim (and more specifically Rhea’s portrayal of Kim) is so incredibly important to BCS.

Spoilers throufh first half of final season

The Rehearsal

“It was cool to own my own bar that HBO paid for.”

4 Likes

I read a few pages of Tucker Max in 2012 and pure shit is correct. Guy that handed me the book was sure I’d love it and was surprised to hear me say the author needs a severe ass kicking and the book is trash.

1 Like

So perfect that the jewish lady was just as insane as Angela if not more so. How the hell does he find these people. Episode 6 is gonna be the reveal that everyone on the show was an actor Nathan did all the twitter stuff and we’re the real suckers.

2 Likes

Finished the Sandman and thought it was very solid. I will say I thought the best episodes were the ones that were the least focused on the Sandman - the one with Death and the guy that couldn’t die and then the Diner. I thought the initial story with Burgess and having to get his stuff back was the weakest.
Looking forward to Season 2.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ITYSL_memes/status/1558090943714271232?t=pTqx26CE3p7H1wmswl8AvA&s=19

1 Like

Just watched this. Not sure I’d say that they were let off “too easily”. I thought they were pretty clearly the villains of the story. They probably should have been criminally charged though.

Who did get let off way too easily were governmental officials. Like when they tested all the water on Saturday and saw that it was incredibly contaminated, and they did…nothing?

I think they placed too much blame on the bands for riling the crowd up. Sure - Fred Durst was an ass, but things were going to be terrible regardless of what he did.

I also doubt the promoter actually stopped their set. And even if he did, how did that resolve anything?

The promoter did, but they had a fair number of people saying stuff like “you can’t expect to have Limp Bizkit perform and then be surprised when they perform like Limp Bizkit”.

I came away from the documentary thinking that the performers had 0% of the blame.

1 Like

This is consistent with the comics series, which has plenty of fantastic issues where Dream doesn’t appear at all except perhaps a cameo in one or two panels. It’s typical to have entire single issues or complete arcs with a different protagonist character.

It would be really nice to at least get a couple more seasons of the show to hit the best storytelling later in the source material. I doubt it’s going to happen - I suspect a large portion of the potential audience on Netflix drop it after the first two episodes which don’t land at all, IMO.

2 Likes

Sick with COVID, I just binged The Bear. Very good and really tense, as everyone says.

But man, it is not a good show to watch when you are sick and have been having GI issues for a couple weeks. It made me so fucking hungry. Goddamn those sandwiches look good.

I loved the part of Westworld where William rode a horse from upstate New York to the Hoover Dam in like an hour and a half.

Can’t remember if this has been posted yet

https://twitter.com/tommybayertime/status/1556042705897234433?s=20&t=P9AiOkOcm6wIJeDFObF-HQ

5 Likes

heh, but that episode is ALL about Dream! It’s him relearning his purpose…and following Death’s advice about understanding and eventually tearing down the walls he put between himself and humanity.

2 Likes

lol he’s got Da Bomb there.

Had the dishonor of trying that seeing that it was on Hot Ones. It is that gross.

I also really like industry, they’re so close to it being a top tier show. My issues:

1. Harper is not believable in her role.
  2. The asian boss guy is just an awful actor. His dialogue is delivered horribly, nobody talks like that.
  3. The bigshot customer types are cartoonishly unrealistic
  4. Nobody managing billions of dollars calls up analysts and is like “what should I buy/sell today”

That said it is a fun watch and I love the Yasmin character.

lol “it’s bad, but I like it”. I agree. Like early Ozark, but in high finance.

Except hard disagree on Ken Leung. He’s great and has been since he was Junior’s hothead sidekick in the nuthouse.

Yasmin definitely adds to the show’s appeal. I assume she’s going to get into a tawdry relationship with the French wealth manager lady soon, and I will be there for it.

https://twitter.com/JMcGuireMLB/status/1558991631428337670

https://twitter.com/Nothingjerk/status/1559184473689817089

7 Likes

After looking more into this, I think you’re a little bit right here.

The entire part of Saturday night was hyper-focused on Limp Bizkit before moving onto the rave tent with Fatboy Slim.

What I didn’t realize (and the doc makers either didn’t show or glossed over very quickly) is that Limp Bizkit wasn’t even the final act on Saturday.

Immediately after Limp Bizkit was fucking Rage Against The Machine, who aren’t exactly known for being a calming influence. And then Metallica after that.

I’m fully confident in saying that Limp Bizkit did nothing wrong here.

1 Like

Well, they played their music. That’s wrong under any circumstances.

11 Likes