The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Especially in New York

Incidentally, was that Mike “The Miz” very early in episode 1?

Man, it looks and sounds like him but I would place bets on No

i loved the sandman so much i was listening to the audible audiobook of the sandman today at work and i gotta say, netflix made a bunch of really good changes in their adaptation. brienne of tarth as the devil was a delight. cutting all the justice league and arkham asylum and martian manhunter stuff is the way to go, cause you don’t want to taint it with superhero stuff. i saw the show first and i felt like it was building its own world, and that’s better, that’s the way i want it. it’s a great world, you don’t need to acknowledge that batman exists. leave batman out of it

they replaced all the parallel superhero stuff with a talking crow voiced by patton oswalt. that’s a 5-bag recipe

5 bags of popcorn

8 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe for rock/metal or white people music in general

I was 13 in 1999 and this crap was all anyone in my school listened to - and even worse stuff though like slipknot. i remember one song in particular “all in the family” by korn was really popular and was just so cringe. what a horrible time to be 13 and those jnco jeans w/ huge pockets. gawd wtf.

1 Like

take me back

Well shit, chalk up an L for me. It sounded a ton like him but I thought the coincidence level was too high, especially since his Real World season wasnt until 2001

1 Like

We’re the same age. Jncos lol those were awesome, never had any though. I listened to all of the nu metal stuff back then.

2 Likes

a couple of years ago i went to a set of one-person acts at a local theater. some people were doing standup-y material, but this one woman ~50s proceeded to read a story of herself going to woodstock ‘99 on assignment, and getting raped by an acquaintance. thinking back on that in light of the netflix documentary, that was probably so fucking common. i remember paying someone to get me a tshirt. i wore the hell out of it, and watching a ton of the videos and idolizing a lot of the bands too much. i’m pretty sure i’m goinng to hate myself for that by the end of the doc.

Watching season 2 of Indian matchmaking. Something about the constraints built into the matchmaking process make the show more compelling than a simple dating show.

It’s also interesting because of the expectations bumping up against the realities of modernity. They’re usually people in their 30’s who are successful, but because of their success they’re bumping against the expectation that they should have been married in their 20s.

It’s not enough to break out of the dating show mold, so if you’re not interested in dating shows it won’t be interesting, but it’s something different

1 Like

First episode of the new season of “Industry” was slow, basically all setup. Things start to happen in episode #2. Not the best show on TV but I will definitely continue to watch.

1 Like

The guy who plays Lazlo on WWDITS is just an incredible natural talent, one of the best deadpan British actors I’ve ever seen. I feel like a lot of his dialogue isn’t even funny as written but his delivery makes it work so well.

1 Like

He has multiple UK shows and a few albums which aren’t bad.

2 Likes

Yeah Kokomo is a classic

Toast of London is a masterpiece

BAT!

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to give Mythic Quest a watch. As an Always Sunny superfan I feel like I’ve got a good shot at enjoying it.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I saw a season one of this but completely forgot it exists.

I loved the first season of Industry, its not a great show but it definitely takes me back to me early career days on Bay Street.