The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Literally the only memory I have of El Camino is that Todd was really fat.

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad I wasnt the only one completely disinterested in el camino

I had to go read a plot summary after I posted that because I honestly couldnā€™t remember if Jesse lived or died.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious they didnā€™t give Jesse much to do in that scene because he looked and sounded obviously older. Walt was fine. It was fun to see them, nonetheless.

Iā€™ve seen Benjamin Button, thank you very much.

5 Likes

Pretty cool that Aaron Paul immediately recognized them after all these years:

1 Like

Iā€™m doing a quick re-watch of BB and just last night I watched that episode. Amazing ho much time it has passed since the series first aired!

Iā€™m a fan of Bryanā€™s beard.

Iā€™m laughing hysterically at What We Do in the Shadows, it may be because Iā€™m high but also I think this show is great. Strong rec if you like Itā€™s Always Sunny.

The costumes and hair design are absolutely incredible.

3 Likes

Do NOT sleep on The Sandman (har har)

Itā€™s fantastic.

There are a few things they change to add some in-world exposition and to eliminate any mention of other DC heroes/villains, but otherwise itā€™s one of the closest adaptations of the source material Iā€™ve ever seen. Donā€™t listen to the mouth breathers who complain about the casting based on gender/ethnicity.

3 Likes

The swearing makes this show 10x better than it would be on NBC or Netflix.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no way for me to describe this show to someone. It just has to be experienced. Incredible.

3 Likes

thanks for the recommend on what we do in the shadows, really funny

this has gotta be a lot of bags, weā€™re rolling in the bags now

3 Likes

Grunching for fear of spoilers until Iā€™ve seen the first episodes tonight, this Sandman review is almost too good to be true!

To non-fans, I bet itā€™ll take a few episodes to get it.

Holy shit you guys.

That episode.

Oh man

1 Like

Seriously, ive watched a lot of TV in my life, nothing has been anywhere near as unique and genius as The Rehearsal

2 Likes

Dudeā€¦itā€™s incredible. Just wait until you see episode 6.

The second half story is changed a bitā€¦not so much in the plot itself, but in the execution. I understand why they did it though.

1 Like

I binged half of Sandman last night. The pacing seems weird, but overall Iā€™m liking it. Never could get into the graphic novel (or any other graphic novel), so the story is new to me.

1 Like

Sandman looks incredible, but I gotta read the comic first and be in the right headspace for it.

1 Like