The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Heard chef.

I’m watching a KDrama right now with Kang Ki-young, who portrays Jung Myung-seok, a senior attorney at Hanbada and Woo Young-woo’s mentor. I’d seen this in my Netflix recs (it’s actually the #6 show in Canada today), and plan to check it out once all the eps are out

1 Like

Someone recommended Extraordinary Attorney Woo to me and I might just watch a little based on how righteous the title is.

Was flipping ghrough Amazon Prime and The Brady Bunch movie was available so I put it on and, a wild Charles McGill appears!

Also, I was way too young when I first watched it to know what a Gary Cole was, but fucking Bill Lumbergh is Mike Brady

Nathan Fielder is a fucking genius. What a work of art tonights episode was.

2 Likes

Not that anyone cares, but I also liked the most recent BCS episode. But the main reason I’m posting is that I actually watched it thinking it was the season finale and found myself mostly satisfied (I know, I know), so my mind is kind of blown to find out there’s more to come. Sweet.

Generally agree with your criticisms, but I kinda slipped into the groove of the dialog and accepted it on its own terms. It seemed like an intentional affectation and almost made it feel more like a play than a TV show at times.

Also, the big reveal was pretty obvious long before it happened.

Boy, this dude really hates The Rehearsal

1 Like

I feel he completely gets the premise wrong - “In “The Rehearsal,” Fielder’s idea is that behavior is predictable and that he himself is good at predicting it.”

Nathan doesn’t think he’s good at predicting behavior - in fact the premise is the exact opposite - that he doesn’t know how people will react, so has to rehearse even basic stuff tons of times (like the flow chart we see when he calls the parents to inform them he will join the experiment).

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1553442941359767557

2 Likes

bob newhart is still alive at age 92

3 Likes

Can you believe this motherfucker gets to review the film medium for a living? How can you so blatantly miss the point of this show?

2 Likes

lol holy shit

Richard Brody following Armond White’s path to movie review fame.

Pauline Kael is a natural inspiration as well. She spend decades reviewing film for the New Yorker and missed the point of about 75% of the movies she reviewed because she could only see films as they related to Pauline Kael. Putting yourself at the dead center of the art you are interpreting is not a good way to go about appreciating art.

1 Like

Anyone watching Paper Girls yet? Gonna give it a shot tomorrow

They controlled every aspect of the environment in episode 1. Would be interesting to follow up on that relationship since seeing it exploited for television ratings would be more likely to kill it as opposed to just confessing the lie.

Couldn’t get past episode 2. “Cold and inhuman” is a pretty accurate description.

1 Like

You’re missing out. Episode 3 is incredible