The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I was going to watch only murders season 2 but then I heard there was a lot of amy schumer so off to other things

Maybe it seemed like it would be that way in ep. 1 when sheā€™s first seen, but she hasnā€™t been around much at all.

I thought this weekā€™s BCS was great.

I love the black and white, post-BB scenes/episodes. I thought this one was really interesting, downtrodden Gene, instead of being scared of being outed, is feeling his old Saul self coming back. Heā€™s like, yeah, Iā€™m Saul Fucking Goodman, what are you going to do about it?

It makes me even more interested to see how things develop, particularly if they go the rest of the way with the post-BB Saul. I think theyā€™ll come back to pre-BB Saul at least for an episode, as we probably need to see how he went from rich and not giving a shit to being ousted from his mansion. But maybe we donā€™t?

Also, I would be shocked if we donā€™t see Kim in a post-BB episode. There are no coincidences in the writing of BB/BCS, and it certainly isnā€™t one that sheā€™s from Nebraska and Gene is in Omaha. How theyā€™ll bring her back, who knows? One of them sees the other across the mall? She is with a husband and kids and gets some Cinnabon? They run into each other elsewhere? They have a near-encounter, perhaps driving past each other? Do they reunite or just catch up and move on?

3 Likes

NFY gets better with each episode. Hes getting into his own early and when he gets there, oh man is there some great shit. The major event episodes (Dumb starbucks, The Movement, Summit Ice, and Accidental Exposure) are some of the best things ever put to television

2 Likes

This gave me a good laugh. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Real Housewives. Donā€™t mind if I Dubai.

3 Likes

There is definitely going to be another throw back episode because we know that Jesse/Walt make an appearance in BCS.

1 Like

ā€œSo I started to race him, weaving between lanes and all that because there were a lot of cars on the road, it was a pretty prime time of dayā€ he said. ā€œI end up losing control at 100, going back and forth trying to correct as Iā€™m fishtailing, then just completely lose it and smack into the sidewalk.ā€

Although he was under the influence of alcohol and marijuana and was also street racing at the time of the crash, he believes the true culprit was the faulty mechanics of the car itself.

ā€œIn retrospect, I had gotten a new Scion tC and I was trying to sell the one that Iā€™d crashed,ā€ he said. ā€œBut I had an alternator problem with the other one and didnā€™t get it fixed. And I completely forgot that my front right tie rod was bad, which controls steering.ā€

3 Likes

This is an incredible read. Crazy that he was portrayed better in the show than he portrays himself in real life somehow.

Quick BCS question that I canā€™t be arsed up to look up myself, so I relying on one of you just give me the answer

At one point Mike goes out to kill Hector, and then one of Gusā€™ gus puts a note on his car telling him not to do it. At that point, what is Mikeā€™s reason for wanting to kill Hector.

He murdered the good samaritan that helped the driver Mike bound and gagged. So he broke the ā€œDont kill people not in the gameā€ rule that Mike has. He also used the cousins to threaten Mikeā€™s family if he wouldnt take the rap for Tucoā€™s gun charge.

1 Like

Thanks.

Can you remind me how he used the cousins to threaten Mikeā€™s family. I forgot that part completely also.

Mike refuses to take the rap for the gun, so Hector send some grunts to his house to try to convince Mike. Mike easily dispatches them and refuses again, but is spooked so he takes his daighter in law and granddaughter to a motel to stay. While his granddaughter is swimming, the cousins show up and stand up on the roof of the motel and make finger guns at Kayleigh.

2 Likes

Thanks again. Seems like I need to re-watch. I barely remember any of this.

S3 is great so you would be doing yourself a favor

1 Like

2 episodes into a new Netflix Korean drama called Extraordinary Attorney Woo and Iā€™d say itā€™s a must watch if youā€™re at all into Korean series. And even if not, watch it anyway.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/status/1553070623621988354?t=orZaq6MiRSTjE50eAMP9zA&s=19

2 Likes

Mh-zik-zak-logo-320

3 Likes
1 Like

thank you, chef

1 Like