The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Had to stop watching the herogasm episode of the Boys on the plane yesterday. I don’t think the 20 something woman next to me was overly comfortable with what was on my screen. (Did not want to be creep old man).

5 Likes

That would certainly be fitting.

When my wife and I watch The Boys, I’m always positioned so I can see/hear if the kids are about to come down the stairs so we can quickly switch to something else (pausing isn’t always the best idea).

Just finished episode one of The Old Man. I am entertained!

oh man the dogs :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

Of all the episodes/shows to watch on a plane.

2 Likes

Yeah, we have a Netflix button on our remote that immediately calls up Netflix home page so we use that if we have to suddenly switch things.

I watched the first episode, but it didn’t make me want to see more. Is the series just gonna be the Big Lebowski killing people in new brutal ways every episode?

I’m only halfway through the second. More plot points emerge but I’m not prepared to say it’s for the better.

I think I mostly loved it because of the dogs, but it’s now occurred to me that it’s a certainty that something bad is going to happen to them at some point, so I may pull the ripcord.

I tried the Lincoln Lawyer show on Netflix and wow is it terrible

Yeah, that’s the real Dave Thomas as far as I’m concerned.

Not really, gets more talky as it goes. It’s decent? Great cast, Lebowski, Lithgow, Maybe, Amy Brenneman, Joel Grey who surprisingly isn’t dead yet. Not as great as it seems to think it is but watchable imo.

The one “you got me” part of Stranger Things

The father thinking dead animals appearing around their house was a curse when it was really that their son was a psychopath

The Rehersal:

Holy shit Nathan Fielder. If he decided to start a cult I would join

2 Likes

Hurts Like Hell

Can’t decide if it’s good or not. On the surface it should be really interesting: delving into the degen betting scene of Muay Thai fights, but the execution seemed a bit clunky.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

I had absurdly high expectations for this coming in and it exceeded them.

So many brilliant moments, but completely lost it when

after his confession and the Trish actor storms out the rehearsal crowd says stuff like "I just heard he doesn’t have a Master’s Degree. Who doesn’t have a Master’s Degree, what a loser!

Also, his confession went really well, but afterwards all he could talk about was how happy he was that they shipped the trivia night.

And of course the cherry on top when the Wonka bells slowly start chiming when it turns out that Nathan was the “villain” for planting the answers.

Just so brilliant, and the main guy was the absolutely perfect mark for this. I hope other episodes don’t dip if there are marks who know about Nathan and are less authentic b/c they’re in on the joke.

2 Likes

Youll love it man

1 Like

I’m five episodes into The Bear. It’s good to see Lip again and the performances are great, but it’s so grim. Could use some more comic relief.

1 Like

I’ve really been enjoying The Old Man through the first 4 ep’s. Kinda surprised at the lukewarm reception it’s getting here.

Finished the Boys S3. 9/10

Had guessed that Soldier Boy would die(?) and Homelander escape. Really enjoyed the season. So clearly Black Noir’s cartoon thing is an ode to the Spiderverse. It seemed like the beginning of Butcher’s dream was the Matrix?? Any other reference in E7? Tried finding a link with all the references but came up empty-what did I miss

Butcher at the doctor learning hes terminal is likely a Breaking Bad episode 1 nod.