The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Yes, this, and it was pretty obvious in real time that she realized what he was doing.

Sorry, everyone.

I was posting all over the interwebs about BCS and forgot where/which thread I was in.

I will endeavor to Be Best and avoid repeating this error in the future.

1 Like

1 Like

This is probably vague enough that you’re fine, but wouldn’t hurt to spoiler anyway.

One thing that’s always bothered me about BCS is the seeming lack of any physical chemistry between Seehorn and Odenkirk.

To me, their characters could just as easily be brother and sister or best friends.

2 Likes

I think it’s just you and me, buddy.

Everyone else seems to be convinced that they have great chemistry. I don’t see it, and I’ve really tried.

She even said so to Mike and crew, IIRC.

Ok, it’s been a couple weeks, so I’ll post screenshots of dlk9s jr in Stranger Things. I’ll still put the pics in spoilers, so if you haven’t seen the end of Season 4 and plan to, might want to keep scrolling, as they might give you and idea of what happens.

This was filmed in May 2021. He had crazy long pandemic hair at the time. They even cut it, to give you an idea of how long it was. Finally cut it in the fall. This May, right before the end of the school year, he got a buzz cut, so he would’ve looked perfect as one of the lab kids.

4 Likes

I don’t think anywhere has access to BCS S6 on Netflix. I assume everyone watching is going through AMC.

Earlier in the season, the episodes would pop up on Netflix a few days after airing. At least in Czech Republic.

Turkey has none of season 6.

You’ve got it better than me then. I think I’m waiting for the series to finish entirely before any of S6 gets to US Netflix.

Well you get to watch it live. I have to dodge spoilers and hope not to read TV threads like these at the wrong time until I get back home in a week.

Just make sure he thanks his Dad in his acceptance speech.

1 Like

Looks like Rhea did get an emmy nod finally, though Im a little miffed she is in supporting cast instead of lead cast.

Also, she has a bit of a minefield to get through. Id probably have her odds somewhere around 3rd place

haven’t watch the last couple seasons but I agree with you two

Finished another complete Sopranos re-watch last night, my third I think. I can’t believe I ever thought the ending was at all ambiguous.

3 Likes

Re: The Bear

This feels like they have to pitch the article to fit in a box, but this is such a narrow way to view the series.

TV’s Best New Show Is a Study of Masculinity in Crisis

Masculinity is, of course, touched on, but the show seems much more focused on ideas like class culture, hierarchy, poverty, being a young manager, self satisfaction vs addition, and more.

The main thesis of the article is this

But the show’s larger philosophical concern is whether this universe will ultimately turn out to be Richie’s or Sydney’s to claim.

This, to me, seems like an impoverished claim, at least in terms of (toxic) masculinity. Richie can’t even make French fries. He knows nothing about the kitchen. He just worked up front, in his cousin’s shadow, and knows the patrons. A better way of looking at it is old vs new with Richie being the old way of doing things.

Sydney, in the article, is set up as the enlightened non toxic masculine new way of doing things, but in the show, she’s also explicitly a failure. Her defining traits are a love of food and impatience. Her catering business failed because she expanded too quickly, and the big failure of the season, with the to go app, happened because she didn’t pay attention to details.

What makes the show good is that everyone’s a failure in some way, or else they wouldn’t be at a run down hole in the wall, but you’re also rooting for them

2 Likes

whoa, I didn’t know Lyle was Dave Thomas’ son. Now that I know, I see the resemblance.

https://twitter.com/TheDaveThomas/status/1547340418542514176

1 Like

That bizarre heel turn against Howard took her down quite a few pegs in my book. Too bad really as she has been easily the best character up to that point.

This whole article is a monument to “this is how I win” Uncut Gems/Trump memes.