The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I get that and I think it’s because the show has had so much bonkers stuff, it’s just hard to keep heightening it.

The Boys is ok but would me much better if the eps were 40 mins long and not 60, as it is they have way too much boring filler where the characters talk about their sad feelings (all the Frenchie stuff for instance could easily have been skipped…and worst of it is that since it’s in sign language half of the time it makes it harder to just do something else while it’s on background)

Thanks. Never heard of Mayor of Kingstown, but it seems to be up my alley.

1 Like

I feel this way about just about every hit show I watch these days, even the good ones are loaded with filler and needless side plots designed to stretch the season out. I find more and more that I prefer shows that are scripted into a tight 1-2 season run with a clear sense of direction.

2 Likes

There are some interesting parallels between modern mini series and NFT’s.

1 Like

Better Call Saul back tonight!

4 Likes

BCS:

God

Damn

1 Like

Ok maybe a little comedy. That was a great scene.

I still think the show isn’t a comedy and is mostly designed to make you feel the overwhelming drudgery of each and every character in the show. But not in a bad way, in a sort of romantic way that makes you feel like your own drudgery has merit and value. I’m not sure I love the deus ex machina at the end of S1 but it also oddly makes me excited to see what comes next. They weren’t getting a S2 out of more of the same stuff at the Beef so it is sort of brilliant by the writers/directors/producers also.

Honestly I’m a bit annoyed that BCS set up Chekhov’s gun so blatantly, and then it went off in the most predictable way

1 Like

BCS the fuck? How is there 5 more episodes of this if they killed off lalo today. I don’t get it at all. “What’s the ultimate fate of kim wexler” is not a 5 episode arc lol I mean in the next episode is gus or mike or saul gonna die? uh yeah. Pretty fucking surprising tbh. 5 episodes of Cinnabon?

1 Like

That was a fantastic episode. I, for one, want to see what happens with Kim moving forward. I don’t think the rest of the story can match tonight’s episode, but we’ll see.

Yeah, the fact that she actually pulled the gun and that Jimmy sent her off to do this terrible thing is going to weigh HEAVY on her.

Also, another episode absolutely murdered by Rhea. I swear to god I will find somewhere to initiate a riot if she doesnt pull the Emmy this year

Things I do when Im high:

I watched this 3 hour video of a Big Brother 12 recap. https://youtu.be/4wcPg_shpkU

Jesus christ is that a good season. I compare this to the fucking dumpater fire of BB 22 ans its like its not even the same show. I blame that racist ass blonde girl from like 18 or 19 that ruined the idea of anything edgy being on the show and now we watch 18 weeks of follow the fucking leader that makes me want to barf

He actually sent her off to run away and escape. He didn’t want her to do it. Of course, he should have predicted that she would never run. His heart was in the right place, he just didn’t think it through. Doubt Kim faults him for it.

1 Like

I guess we just dgaf about spoiling shows for other people now?

3 Likes

I edited a few posts to hide BCS spoilers. Let’s give other people a chance to watch it.

And I hope you can all find a woman who loves you like Kim loves Jimmy :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I wiped my memory of the last few posts.

Turkey doesn’t have BCS season 6 on Netflix. Will have to play catchup some time next week.

+1 on “The Bear”.

I probably wouldn’t have watched this except for the recommendations here.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Brilliant.