The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

I’ve got important fishing and bug catching duties to attend to this afternoon, but if anyone hasn’t seen ex machina, it’s excellent.

1 Like

Last weekend I saw Predator for my first time ever. It was sort of a letdown and it’s very weird to watch it knowing two of the main characters would go on to become state governors.

Lol America.

It’s definitely old. Like I’m sure it was really good and unique when it came out, but it’s hard to sit through now.

Nah, I saw it opening weekend with friends and we knew it was trash, but it was peak 80’s action movie trash. The theater was packed. Everybody was yelling and laughing at the absurdity. We all had a blast.

It didn’t become a touchstone of pop culture because it was good, it achieved that status by being the perfect kind of bad at the exact right time.

2 Likes

If you fancy a gory, tense film that has a strong message (though a little on the nose as metaphors go) I can recommend the platform on netflix.

Good to hear. Tried to watch that last night but as usual my other half refuses to watch subtitles or redubbs :(

That looks very promising. Definitely going to check it out.

You gonna watch it with us if we do a Party???.

Maybe, depends on the time. Although I’m not sure about trying to follow a thread while watching something with subtitles at the same time.

There’s an english audio dub track if you don’t mind.

I find dubbing too distracting. I can probably manage reading two things at once. But tonight is BCS

1 Like

started watching mrs fletcher on HBO, only on first EP, someone said the sons storyline is better than hers? I just want to beat the shit out of the son, hopefully he gets better but my god man

Since the Movie thread is dead along with theaters, I consider this the only true movie thread.

So if you like reading screenplays, Rian Johnson just added the script for Knives Out to his website for free.

1 Like

Been watching it with my sisters via Netflix Party. Finished the first three episodes.

There are no good guys in that documentary. Everybody’s a scumbag in it.

1 Like

I kind of like The Platform as our next party video. Something like popular->netflix movie->popular…

1 Like

In. It looks really good

My wife had a coworker from India that always tried to get us to go this this roadside theme park he said was amazing between Texas and Oklahoma. I read the story about this and a few weeks later her coworker told her not to bother, the roadside attraction had closed

Watching Contagion and the CDC guys just blithely talking about 87 cases and 15 deaths. That’s what, a 20% death rate? Come on send up the flares on this thing!

Tiger King is bat shit insane

Every single notable person is batshit insane

fucking batshit insane

and yet in different ways

It’s impossible to do it justice, just watch it.

2 Likes