The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

1 Like

You have to admit that penises are kind of absurd and cartoonish.

1 Like

Funny story derail. When I was like 11 i was at my friend’s house. His dad had seen ADC on the Tonight Show and thought he was pretty funny. He flips to him on HBO and I’m pretty sure the first words we hear are “So I had my tongue in this bitch’s ass” and I had never seen a faster dice for the remote in my life.

5 Likes

This is an awesome slip

Thirteen (Amazon Prime)

A five-part drama miniseries that follows Ivy Moxam (Jodie Comer), a 26-year-old woman who escapes her kidnapper after thirteen years of imprisonment. But as she struggles to reintegrate into her old life, detectives hot on the trail of her kidnapper (and his newest victim) discover there may be more to Ivy’s story than they imagined.

A terrific crime thriller. This had me on the edge of my seat within the first ten minutes. And then I white-knuckled every remaining episode. WOW.

5/5
[X] compelling premise
[X] compelling point of view
[X] voice/style/craft
[X] cerebral vs sensory immersion
[X] transcendent execution

Literally nothing would make me ready to watch a Dexter revival.

Yousonofabitch. I’m in.

2 Likes

Dexter reunion? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy it’s my people! We have strange ways.

As I finished another low-budget 2/5 star film last night, I briefly considered watching Cobra Kai s3. I don’t think it’s going to happen. Too much else to watch/read that I don’t want to sacrifice for another nostalgia trip.

1 Like

Were any of you fans of The Good Wife? I dipped out before The Good Fight but was reading how that show uses the legal drama to directly confront the Trump era. The show opened with Christine Baranski/Dianne Lockhart reacting to him winning the election.

1 Like

Mr. Mayor premieres tonight.

I liked The Good Fight. It uses some of the same characters, but it also changes tone quite a bit from The Good Wife. It gets hella weird at times, probably because being on streaming lets it try stuff they’d never get away with on network tv (like, for example, solving the Epstein case, or having the firm kinda sorta get hired to represent Melania in her divorce).

2 Likes

NO WAY! That sounds like a fun time anytime.

Yeah, if you actually don’t care about the ongoing stories, and just want to dive into some crazy, just go to season 3 or 4 and pick based on title… All season 3 eps follow The One_____ format (ex “The One Inspired by Roy Cohn”) and Season 4 are all titled “The Gang ________” and the gang really does do the thing.

1 Like

THE OWNERS

A young group of thieves break into the home of an elderly couple and find themselves in a fight for their lives. Adapted from the graphic novel Une nuit de pleine lune.

After a seemingly endless career of unwatchable projects–The New Mutants, iBoy, Game of Thrones–Maisie Williams has finally delivered a great movie.

The movie is a little mean spirited, but perfect for fans of Don’t Breathe.

What platform is this on? Kinds looks like You’re Next.

Looks almost exactly like Dont Breath with old in place of blind

Hulu (US)

“Bad guys trapped in a house with secret psychopaths” is my new favorite genre. It’s like an inverted Funny Games.

Emmy-nominated short drama series from 2015 that looks inside the dating lives of trans & queer women as they navigate the intersections of desire & identity. Each episode is around ten minutes.

Low budget by even my standards, but it features prominent trans and queer women, and what it lacks in production it makes up for in representation and vulnerability.

All six episodes are available free on YouTube or the official website.

Have you seen You’re Next?

I haven’t. I think it always looked too violent for me, but I loved this violent as hell movie The Owners, so bring it on.