The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

I didn’t hate it, but like six episodes in to season two I was just like this is dumb and lost interest. I also assumed that it was just a season and a half of Fight Club and I was unimpressed by this bait and switch.

Mr. Robot was excellent, but it was extremely confusing in the middle of its run. I think binge-watching it would make it a lot easier to understand. With gaps between seasons, I had to look things up on the internet during shows to remember what the fuck was going on. I came close to giving up on it because honestly, I didn’t want to have to work so hard to follow the plot. It course-corrected, though, and found a groove in the final season. There were a couple episodes in there that were incredible (one, in particular, that I think most of you who watched the show can guess).

2 Likes

Yeah the thing in season 2 went on a bit long imo. Might hold up better bingeing since you don’t have to wait like a year and a half to get past it.

Lol. Batman saving lives by running into a crowded restaurant with one exit and yelling “Fucking panic!!!”

1 Like

They just added it back to Netflix. Trying to cash in on Queens Gambit I would guess

Thirded. Great first season. Could not get into the second at all

Surprised so many of you seem to have enjoyed the last 2 seasons of Mr. Robot. I thought the writing got lazy and dumb, and failed to deliver on the expectations set out in the first season.

^^

I thoroughly regret watching mr robot

Mr. Robot is great and Season 2 is great. There are some fantastic reveals.

1 Like

The Bee Gees documentary on HBO is really excellent.

3 Likes

5 bags

Big Mouth continues with a really solid s4. the kids start fingering each other and a new demon anxiety-mosquito character is introduced that warns the children about all the bad things that might happen if they do a thing or not. 5 bags

2 Likes

So this is what it’s come to…

I’m reading the description at the bottom and well, what can I say, the trailer looks a lot better than the description lol

Plus, like, that’s Joe Manganiello all grown up!!! He of course got his start as The One True Flash.

THIS IS HAMSTER CITY!

This was badass. It was like the producer for Mandy watched Avengers and was like nope, LET ME SHOW YOU HOW IT’S DONE.

Wait. Wait wait wait what’s this…

It can’t be…

It was produced by Frodo himself through his company SpectreVision, the very same company behind Mandy.

There are parts of this movie that made me feel like I was on LSD. The closest reference is the old comic/MTV cartoon MAXX.

But even weirder.

@Trolly this was made for you.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Kappa_Kappa/status/1333837611819884545?s=20

2 Likes

Where can I watch it?

In a new twist on the superhero story, Mortimer outmaneuvers “edgy” shows like Watchmen and The Boys with a new wrinkle in the genre’s cape: WHAT IF A SUPERHERO WAS REAL BUT NO ONE BELIEVED THEM?

Archenemy is about the unlikely bond between two individuals: Hamster, who yearns to escape hood life by working as a crime blogger for a vapid Gen-Z lifestyle website; and Max Fist, an alcoholic and crystal meth-addicted homeless man who claims to be a stranded superhero from another dimension. Meanwhile, Hamster’s sister, Indigo (Zolee Griggs), gets wrapped up in a criminal underworld that forces Max Fist to spring into action without his superpowers.

The review that first got me interested in the movie.

Thank you Jesus. Lol at this whole thing. You could always log in to HBO on Roku with your Max login info, but it only had the HBO catalog.

And now we are back trying to explain why HBO, HBO Go, HBO Now, and HBO Max don’t all include the same catalog.