The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

ah fuck i remember people saying it was the romney thing now, i dunno why i thought the deadwood was it, it has a scene in the S1 finale though where Al says please proceed and its a magistrate lol and then bad things happen.

1 Like

Obama probably stole it from Deadwood, if I was in a presidential debate I would lift memorable phrases wholesale from my favorite shows. It’s possible that I watch more TV than Obama though.

2 Likes

I saw this when it was released but watched it again last week, I like it and I also appreciate Brad Pitts hair because I’m rocking the exact same look right now

2 Likes

watching Yes, God, Yes on netflix now. Its mega cringe so far in a good way.

edit: also lots of nostalgic things if you’re my age/grew up in the 90s

1 Like

I liked Yes, God, Yes alot, would recommend if the description seems like your jam.

edit: its only 72 mins too so quick watch

1 Like

time to watch The Firm now, and yes i’m not doing shit today

1 Like

I had a weird dream the other night that I was hanging out with John Grisham at his house. He had a very nice kitchen, but the rest of the house was pretty normal.

The reason I had the dream is probably because I recently learned that there is an expensive series of limited edition John Grisham books. Like who is buying a leather bound copy of Skipping Christmas?

2 Likes

I tried this a couple of days ago and didn’t like it.

Centered on a moment of profound self-discovery, the movie could either be raunchy or emotional. I found it to be neither. For such a provocative premise, I found the movie to be kind of boring.

Our humanity always endures.

This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine (George Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully (Felicity Jones) and her fellow astronauts from returning home to Earth, where a mysterious global catastrophe has taken place. Clooney directs the adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight, co-starring David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir and Tiffany Boone. Coming to Netflix December 23rd.

Xmas watch party imo

2 Likes

The only weird eye thing I noticed going on in the series was this guy’s eyes who are super close together. Maybe compared to him the other actors seem to have wider eyes than normal.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1321171666647613442?s=20

4 Likes

Great quick read, recommend.

1 Like

2 Likes

Speaking of movies for fans of Misery…

that show was horrible. Bailed after two episodes.

1 Like

That one was not good though so we get to re-use the title

1 Like

Yeah that was bad. I tried. I assume I’m not the only one who finds the female lead sexy tho.

1 Like

Merritt Wever is phenomenal. Been a fan of her since her performance in Michael Clayton (2007) as the young woman Clayton’s attorney colleague attempted to bait. Also loved her as a detective in the recent Netflix series Unbelievable.

2 Likes

How the fuck do they not release that before Halloween?

I thought the same thing!!! Would have been perfect, but I believe it’s because there are quite a lot of excellent Halloween movies already coming out. They may have decided it’s just not worth facing such a competitive release slate.