The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

X-Files was at its best when it was standalone episodes.

3 Likes

itā€™s good

5 Likes

Finally watched the LA 92 documentary. So depressing.

Firing up S1E1 of Justified. Already know Iā€™m going to watch the whole damn thing and am pretty excited about it. If you havenā€™t seen it, itā€™s on Hulu. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Justified rules, my favorite TV drama of the decade (non-personal-involvement division).

2 Likes

Can confirm Gomorrah is very very good. Also, and this is not bullshit believe it or not, the creator of that show needs 24/7/365 security for the rest of his life because the original book itā€™s all based on was very bad for the Camorraā€™s public approval and made them look absolutely awful.

And just a heads up Italian organized crime is a pretty big deal. We rolled up our syndicates from the 70ā€™s-90ā€™s. Italy has had a much harder time with it. Which makes the entire thing a fascinating case study.

Great show, but itā€™s hyper realistic. The violence always has a purpose and is not especially over the top, but this show is happier showing the absolute systemic tragedy going on. The Wire was never anywhere near this gritty or real.

ZeroZeroZero is by the same guy and follows a large shipment of cocaine from origin to delivery. Also very very good. Thatā€™s on Amazon Prime. Iā€™m glad itā€™s all good because the guy who created it is going to die because of it eventually. My guess is that heā€™s considered one of the leading anti-organized crime advocates in the world. Insane ability to visualize whatā€™s happening and why combined with an insane ability to communicate that.

2 Likes

I think The X-Files hit its highest highs on the stand alones, but thatā€™s also where all the filler and dreck was too. IMO the engine that kept the show going and set it apart was the incomprehensible mytharc, even if none of it aged very well or was resolved in any way.

We should do an X-Files episode draft.

3 Likes

The superfans who wanted the show to be more than what it was loved the badly-executed mytharc. It wasnā€™t planned out well and it was too far ahead of its time. Mulder and Scully investigating the Loch Ness monster one week and some creepy-ass sewer monster the next were the best episodes.

1 Like

YES

Iā€™ve said the same about Jane Austen.

1 Like

100% in

Yes, co-sign. This was great. And while I always knew Chappelle was a ā€œcomic geniusā€ and therefore undoubtedly super-intelligent, I was nonetheless kind of blown away by how fucking smart he is.

2 Likes

I wish he would release episodes of nothing but Dave Talks History. The guy is such an effective historian and storyteller.

@CanadaMatt3004!!!

3 Likes

Agents of Chaos is looking good on HBO. Glenn Greenwald should definitely watch it.

1 Like

I need an app that lets @beetlejuice see everything I have available to stream in my current set-up and then forces him to generate me a list of what to watch and in what order. Hopefully this app could be free for users willing to put up with ads for his favorite camgirls or something.

1 Like

pm me your password and iā€™ll organize your watchlist for free

5 Likes

Gonna put this HBO doc on if anyone wants to watch along :eyes:

https://twitter.com/CineFX_Digital/status/1320222890441265153?s=20

New mini-trailer for Justice League: the Snyder Cut

I turned this off pretty fast. Trailer goat, documentary woat

Itā€™s in my queue

1 Like

Yellow Springs sounds like a pretty awesome place to live, TBH, despite being in Ohio.