The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

whynotboth

Lots of terrific stuff about this with some glaring flaws. All of the criticisms are valid and then some. But it still has some things that made me identify heavily with various characters and experience some catharsis to see this stuff similar to my memories played out on screen.

anyone like Workaholics? I started last night and its low brow but pretty funny, i laughed about it while going to sleep last night and first time I’ve laughed hard in a while, it was nice.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty good. And there are a lot of episodes.

Anyone remember this? I recall it being a huge fad when it first came out. I had no idea until the HBO doc that it was a covert recruitment tool for NXIVM.

all these NXVIM documentaries seem like PR from the second tier NXVIM idiots to try to reduce their culpability for recruiting for their goddamn cult and pin everything on Keith. Mark knew! Aunt Beru knew!

26 posts were split to a new topic: Happiest Season

I watched Scare Me on Shudder last night with the great Aya Cash.

I’m not sure what I was expecting going in, but it was funny and suspenseful and the direction and use of light and shadow are excellent.

The one scene with the singing talent show is amazingly shot, and the use of sound in that scene is brilliant.

Highly recommended although the ending is a bit of a let down.

1 Like

Nice ty for recommending. Directed by Josh Ruben, who also says this about one of our upcoming movies for a watch party.

https://twitter.com/joshruben/status/1330690345584259074?s=20

Yes it’s amazing, one of those shows I’ll just randomly toss on and rewatch my favorite episodes over and over.

3 Likes

Hes also the male lead in Scare Me and does some amazing work in the movie. I’m not sure how much of the sound design is foley, and how much is human made, but if it’s the latter, he has some serious Michael Winslow chops.

1 Like

Keanu Reeves is going 3/3 if this is good as it looks. The trailer had me rolling with laughter in the first fifteen seconds.

1 Like

Anybody have thoughts on “Your Name”? I’ve been wanting to see it for a while but refuse to pay for movies with how much I shall out on monthly streaming fees. Just found a cool site which breaks down movies that are available on different country Netflix, and am going to take advantage of my VPN.

good good, this is the scene that made me bust out laughing, its dumb, but something about his expressions and the hypotenuse line made me lol big time. I’ve watched the clip several times and its still funny.

4 Likes

Love Workaholics. If you’re feelin it, Broad City is fantastic as well

2 Likes

I don’t even know where it’s available, but Detroiters is the best Comedy Central sitcom of the last decade.

Yea I’ve seen broad city a fair amount my wife used to watch it some, I actually added it to my list on Hulu along with workaholics last night

1 Like

I’m so jealous of Risky not having seen Rome. Watch it now!!

seriously i mean right this very minute. Drop everything!

3 Likes

I watched Emily in Paris. It was ok light fluff, maybe a 6. Idk maybe I am being generous. Watch it if you like Darren Star stuff, light romantic comedy.

1 Like

That’s why we watched it. Just a light break from everything.

Hulu has a deal going Thursday-Monday where you can get a year of the ad-supported service for $2/month.

1 Like