The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

I watched Utopia UK version with my bf. Quickly realised I had already watched the first few episodes another time (obviously ages ago because I had forgotten all about it). Really disappointed they didn’t continue with it. My bf is now watching the US version for some closure but I am holding onto my bitterness and resentment that they didn’t finish it and boycotting the US one. Only rave reviews from my bf will convince me to watch it. I can really hold a grudge!

Now I have finished The Crown (really good) what should I watch on netflix? Already have watched and enjoyed Godless.

You might like The Tudors?

I loved The Tudors!

caught up through all 4 EP of The Undoing, looking forward to the rest. Solid cliffhanger on EP4 as Risky said.

2 Likes

The BBC has this documentary series called “Monarchy” that has a crazy intense narrator, you might like it:

1 Like

All BBC history narrators answer to Simon Schama

Utopia UK does not appear to be free on Prime for me?

One thing I’ll say about 2000-2020 is that it’s given me an understanding of why people who had lived through 1930-1945 would like their entertainment simple, bland, and uplifting.

2 Likes

I loved Godless, didn’t make the connection to QG.

There’s absolutely no chance that the killer is not

Kidman’s blond mom friend who it wound up that Grant slept with

right?

1 Like

That’s been my hunch too, since

he mentioned there had been one other affair, and didn’t want to name her

Ah i guess yea that could be, didn’t she make some comments about Elena at the party like she was jealous of her and maybe make some comments about the husband prior to the murder as well?I feel like they might just drop a bunch of red herrrings “The Killing” style tho

It’s obviously

Donald Sutherland’s housekeeper

3 Likes

I haven’t watched Episode 4 yet so I haven’t read all your spoilers, but I just wanted to join in the conversation.

2 Likes

Yeah Godless wasn’t QG level, but still pretty solid. Its disappointing there wasn’t another season. Feels like there should be at least one good actual western series running. I’ve resorted to trying to slog through Frontier.

1 Like

Wtf amazing

https://twitter.com/Oprah/status/1329245292152188929?s=20

We had an excellent watch party for that if you want to time warp back to our discussion in the watch party thread :+1:

1 Like

I read that the undoing is only six episodes???wtffffffff