The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Columbo is apparently also on Peacock, although I haven’t tried that out

1 Like

I am watching it in order so I don’t miss anything and yeah that was a great one. They’re all really good. s2e6 is next level tho, featuring Nimoy as a devilish surgeon

Anybody here watch Bordertown? (I think it was mentioned earlier?)

I just finished S1 and it was decent and I have a hunch it actually gets better in S2 and 3 but if someone here can warn me off of it I might start something else instead. Thanks!

Finnish is a rad language to listen to. It sounds like some kind of crazy combo of Russian, Portuguese, and Greek or something. I love it.

IMO season 1 was slightly better than mediocre, season 2 was worse. Haven’t watched season 3.

1 Like

I watched some of this show during its original run, but I don’t think it’s the one you mean:

1 Like

Got a show recommendation:

It’s a 4-ep docuseries about a guy who internet dates women, goes so far as to marry them in a bunch of cases, then disappears and takes their money with him. They could probably have done it in an ep less but it never really drags. The documentary follows a group of women who organised on the internet and hired a bounty hunter to catch this guy, but I’d say the central mystery of the show is what makes him tick, and in that regard it delivers a pretty savage denouement. Recommended if you like trying to get into the heads of weird and broken human beings.

It’s streaming on Prime in the US, among other places.

3 Likes

Lol wow. Pulling it up now :+1:

1 Like

Good cause its one of those shows I have the urge to discuss with other people and nobody has seen it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fans of Dirty Money, first episode of this was excellent.

Netflix has released part of its documentary series Bad Boy Billionaires: India following a court victory after the US streaming company was prevented from airing the show last month.

Bad Boy Billionaires, which depicts the scandals surrounding a number of Indian tycoons, was subject to repeated lawsuits by the protagonists ahead of its original release date in early September. Netflix was forced to suspend the show after two of the industrialists secured court orders staying its release.

The as-yet unaired episode examines the case of Ramalinga Raju, whose software company Satyam was behind a $1bn accounting scandal. It is still subject to a stay order issued by a court in the city of Hyderabad, which Netflix continues to contest.

While the suspension dealt a blow to Netflix, the ensuing controversy has only served to drum up further interest in the show. Bad Boy Billionaires is one of Netflix’s most ambitious documentary productions in India, as the US company ramps up original content for one of its most promising markets.

This looks amazing my dude.

Only first episode free :sob:

Saw it on there last night, can confirm

1 Like

Wife and sister both very enthusiastic about watching this together. Much appreciated Chris. Hard to find stuff that gets a group reaction like that.

One thing I noticed about the trailer is a strong gal power vibe. These three victims band together to track this fucker down and expose him.

1 Like

Just finished S2 of The Boys.

So AOC was the real imposter all along? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Did not see that coming. Didn’t seem sus to me at all.

Will be very, very, disappointed if Stormfront doesn’t come back as a bionic Nazi with an eyepatch.

3 Likes

Last few days I watched on netflix:

2nd season of the Alienist

• was ok but the love triangle was totally annoying, i hate this kind of forced added drama

La Revolution

• not great not bad, ofc 2nd season needed to really understand whats going on

So season 1 kind of focused on Kendall, season two was a lot more focus on Shiv, so I guess probably season 3 will have a bigger focus on

2 Likes

watched the Lincoln Lawyer, solid lawyer flick

4 Likes

After @beetlejuice’s fine review I couldn’t not watch some Columbo. I went with S3E8, Columbo takes down two murderers in one episode. One of whom is the commissioner of police!

There’s some episodes where I think if the killer keeps their mouth shut then Columbo’s case will never stand up in court, but in this one he utterly owns their souls. Delightful to see.

1 Like

Chris , wow, first two episodes were excellent.

And side note, this docuseries is a masterclass on how to recreate historical events in a way that feels immersive and immediate. The old Lifetime/Unsolved Mysteries method of faithful literal recreations now ironically feel so fake. Whereas in this docuseries for events for which they had no footage, they sometimes use literal recreations but most often use a combination of recorded audio and visuals worthy of David Lynch to make you FEEL what you would have experienced had you been there.

1 Like

I’m randomly rewatching Murder, She Wrote (GOAT) and had the same thought about her lololol. There’s a delightful fan theory that Jessica Fletcher is actually a serial killer who goes from place to place gaslighting the survivors into thinking they killed the victim.

1 Like

Haven’t watched Fletcher in action for a long time, but I can see it.

Around the time I saw a lot of her I was also getting through a fair amount of Quincy. I always intend to go back and see if he’s as great as I remember too.

1 Like