The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

It took me 3 tries to get through the first episode (tbf I was tired the first 2 times) but once I got through it and watched some more it became one of my fave shows of all time. Definitely get through 3-4 episodes before deciding. It’s really really good.

Also did pretty much exactly this. Ditto for Breaking Bad.

I’ve done the first half of that process for The Americans and Justified too. Maybe someday I’ll get around to trying again for shows that seem universally loved but left me initially cold.

I felt the same way about Justified, but stuck with it…season 2 is probably one of the best TV seasons I’ve ever seen, for any show.

1 Like

Breaking Bad movie coming out this week

End of October is the first part of the last season of BoJack Horseman

3 Likes

Bojack GOATman

71 posts were split to a new topic: The Expanse (with spoilers and other sci-fi cameos)

My wife and I have been told the second season of Justified is almost a different show from the first season and especially the pilot.

The Justified pilot is one of the hokiest, most bullshit episodes of television ever, and I have not been able to get past it no matter how great everyone tells me the series is.

Goliath season 3 episode 1: The fuck did I just watch?

Gonna give ep. 2 a go. Will report back.

I’ve enjoyed the previous 2 seasons of Goliath.

Season 3 Eps 2 and 3 are WTF af.

Yeah, this is like an entirely different cinematic universe.

Get Shorty just started again!

Justified is elite TV y’all are missing out, Walter goggins GOAT

1 Like

Is this new season of Goliath? Don’t remember if I watched two or three.

I don’t know how but the managed to turn Between Two Ferns into a movie and it was not bad. The end when the credits were rolling was the best part

1 Like

If you see a bunch of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds montages, you’re watching the latest season.

Minor spoiler that is revealed in ep 1 or 2.

I get it, he was given some hallucinogenics (peyote?) and it’s effing with him, but man it’s trippy af.

2 Likes

Just watched El Camino. Felt like a long Breaking Bad episode.

Nice if you want some back story or fan service but there was nothing remarkable about it.

1 Like

I finished Goliath last night. Highly Enjoyable, Not Very Good.

I like the characters, I dig the weirdness, but the writing is for shit. The season ends in an extremely satisfying and ridiculous way, you get everything you want and then, boom, you’re watching the fucking ending to Tin Star S2.

Really did enjoy S3 though, more than S2, though nothing will ever top the Mexico episode of S2.

Oh, Undone on Amazon is very good.
Just started watching The Room. Solid ep1, though again, some loose and a cliche-fest writing to move things along.

Yup it’s an OKish long, mostly unnecessary episode of Breaking Bad.

I like the Meth Damon character but I would have cut a lot those flashback scenes out. Too much flashback IMO. Also I had watched the last two episodes immediately before watching the movie and his weight gain and aging is very noticeable and kinda jarring.

I was definitely a bit taken aback by the weight gain. Guess the actor either wasn’t paid enough to drop the weight or was so damn fat that that was as skinny as he could get.

Without the flashbacks, the movie is Jesse gets money and goes to Alaska. The End.

Having a few beers and watching “The Invaders” from season two of The Twilight Zone, as one does. Man there has never been a sci-fi show that excels at every level the way TZ did. Plotting, acting, pacing, lighting, sound design, etc. TZ consistently knocked it out the park with som eclassic shit that absolutely stands the test of time. Black Mirror is cool, but it doesn’t even come close.

6 Likes