The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Group members “swear an. . oath of loyalty, called a covenant, to one another, and are assigned . . a personal adviser, called a “head” for men and a “handmaid” for women. [H]usbands] are the heads of their wives and should take authority over the family.

Welcome to Gilead

4 Likes

Make America Gilead Again!

2 Likes

She decided? Wouldn’t she have preferred that someone else make that decision for her?

17 Likes

This is uncomfortable, but 100% of people who adopt seven kids from foreign countries are utter human trash despite this being ostensibly an incredibly selfless act.

2 Likes

Yeah, fair. Two is a lot different. The seven people are always motivated by paternalism, American exceptionalism, and racism.

I think its gonna be this woman.

Note she was the most insane of the justices behind the felon disenfranchisement decision.

I thought we have 3 right now and then Romney will come in with his McCain moment to be the fourth.

The compassionate party means ensuring all have healthcare, not just people without preexisting conditions or who work for the corporate overlords.

We only have 3 if we nominate a pigeon because Grassley just will not vote for one.

2 Likes

Sorry I meant pidgin.

1 Like

The best chance of the seat going unfilled is covid.

I’m absolutely down with covid taking its rightful place right in the middle of the Senate.

I also think it should be nominated for the SC vacancy.

No, it means not jamming people to buy health insurance they can’t afford with a deductible that will bankrupt them anyway if they ever need it, and then making them out to be the bad guy when they tell you to fuck off and shove your technocratic idiocy up your ass.

Literally nothing in the ACA forced this. People who didn’t get health insurance paid $600 per year designed ot offset the cost of care for uninsured people. Not exactly jack-booted thuggery.

We got two right now who maaaaaybe will defect. Romney has been coy. Dems need four votes IF Manchin falls in line and Romney defects. I have no clue who the fourth vote would be. Chuck Fucking Grassley? That man is 7,000 years old and his brain is tapioca pudding, I’m not expecting him to rebel.

All my life jackbooted government thugs have forced every driver to get car insurance or else pay a fine and afaict, no one has minded. But when it comes to health insurance, somehow this is tyrannical oppression.

It hasn’t been all your life. The mandatory insurance laws came about when you were a kid and they were quite controversial. You were just too young to notice.

OK, but maybe I haven’t noticed any of this because the system seems to have worked pretty well? Like, you can’t have an insurance system without pooled risk. Sucks for those of you who are young and healthy (?) or if you’re a safe and lucky driver and you have to subsidize everyone else, but honestly, it doesn’t seem that onerous.

1 Like

Actually I’m not sure about you. Ohio maybe required it 44 years ago, and you might be younger than that.

I’m under 44 and I only moved to Ohio like 8 years ago.