It started with undocumented people from Latin America. It will continue with them. Some examples will be made of a small percentage of a small percentage of people and @LFS and I both have kids to worry about on that front. But the millions at risk are people who will be turned into braceros and/or locked up and/or kidnapped and sent away from their homes.
Ok. She is 68 and in danger of losing the election either way. I don’t think it can be that hard to convince her to take one for the team and the boosters will make sure that she doesn’t regret it.
This is the most Susan Collins statement to ever have Susan Collinsed
Collins makes that statement knowing she won’t be a deciding vote. Can’t see a 4th stopping this beyond Murk, RMoney, and Collins.
Our bet is going to be a wash because it (lol) requires Biden to be the next president.
Fuck you
(Not you, champ)
About 24% do think it should be illegal.
Well that’s 1
So best case scenario, we currently appear to maybe have Collins, Murkowski, and Romney. We need 1 more.
We have 1, Collins. She is now the only one who has publicly released a statement saying that the decision should be made by whoever is elected.
You got ponied by her actual statement. I hate Susan Collins. But I don’t believe she tweets that and then reverses course. It does not match her MO.
If she loses it’s even more of a lock. The final fuck you to the constituents that didn’t vote her back in.
Right she usually equivocates a ton then fucks us at the last minute after getting tons of attention.
I mean Murkowski said it on fucking Friday. I get that it was hours before Ginsburg died, but I think she sticks with it as well. Again, my prior is she voted against Kavanaugh. She’s from Alaska, there was no political expedience to that vote for her. She did it because she thought it was the right thing to do.
That statement didn’t equivocate though. It was pretty clear.
I hope you’re right, but I won’t believe it until she says it publicly again post-RBG’s death.
hmm i read collins’ statement as, “i’ll vote anyone out of committee and decide what to do on the floor but i don’t prefer it”
That’s what I’m saying, I’m agreeing with you. She left herself one little out: she says they shouldn’t vote on it, not that if they don’t she’ll vote nay.
Fair I guess. She’s not going to be the deciding vote either way. If there is a fourth beyond her, Murkowski, and Romney, then she’s voting no. So obsessing about what she’s going to do is irrelevant I suppose.
