The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Look at the bright side, more exciting opinions coming out today (maybe even one by him) that will make the country a worse place to live in!

Absolutely nothing stopping Dems from demanding an impeachment. Just the most brazenly incompetent political party in history.

It’s really not incompetence.

No decisions that pretty much anyone cares about today. The drama queens continue their streak of holding the juicy stuff til the end.

They are going to dump all the really controversial stuff together so it gets washed out in the media cycle.

The pundits generally seem to believe that the juicy cases get held to the end because there’s more back-and-forth but yeah, it’s probably more a media play plus they love the drama. For the Trump case specifically this time around it’s because they’re doing the most they can to help their guy.

1 Like

But that story is not something that warrants impeachment. The whole “lie” was that he said a guy called his wife a c-word, when in reality it might have been the woman who was with him. Just stupid nonsense.

Whoa boy are you missing the point! Yikes. It’s not the lie that’s impeachment worthy.

The lie is that he said his wife put up the flag in response to being called the C-word. But the pick of the flag was taken weeks before that incident, and there’s a police report and witness to the incident.

2 Likes

We have two full-on insurrectionists on the bench, one of whom is taking bribes in broad daylight. It’s completely within our sacred norms to call for them to be impeached, they’re clearly unfit for office. Dems are going to do nothing and normalize their behavior.

4 Likes

https://x.com/stevenmazie/status/1798738498201202993

https://x.com/stevenmazie/status/1798741274985689572

But, of course it is! Lying to Congress is a crime and very clearly grounds for tossing out a justice. Republicans didn’t hesitate for a second to try it when Bill Clinton got caught lying about a blowjob.

2 Likes

Sort descending order, Corruption rank.

It’s insane. And meanwhile normal government employees probably have to consult with an ethics officer to determine if allowed to accept a firm handshake and ballpoint pen from a private entity

That’s not “sex” and please define “is”.

It’s not a lie if you believe it.

I can’t accept a Starbucks cup of coffee from a contractor as a state employee.

1 Like

Some idiot really needs to take Scalia of their Christmas list already.

Yep. I’ve literally had some friends refuse to let me buy a round for their birthday because we were at a fancy cocktail place where a single drink would trigger a gift disclosure

That’s nuts

I feel like you’re low-key bragging about how the dink prices are steep at the fancy bars you hang out in.

1 Like