The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

one third of lawyers makes me feel bad. that seems so low, but probably true.

Make the bet ā€œhow many can name TWO justicesā€. I think thatā€™s like 5%.

Full disclosure I just blanked on Kagan.

1 Like

Here are the 9, off the top of my head and sans google:
Sotomayor
Kavanaugh
Sleepy
Grumpy
Dopey
Donner
Blitzen
The Professor and
MaryAnn

8 Likes

The two Iā€™d like to see die soon (JUST KIDDING!)
The three that will outlive me
The one that Iā€™d love to see replaced by a Dem, and shit myself if replaced by a RWNJ
The other three that donā€™t matter much right now

You forgot this lady

laura-linney-ozark

3 Likes

Must be so they canā€™t look like Santa

3 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if I know 1 person irl that could name all 9 justices, besides myself.

Iā€™d guess less than 50% of practicing lawyers could name all 9.

If true, my sample is skewed. I donā€™t know a single one who couldnā€™t.

If true, Iā€™d finally be above average. Sweet!

I had to take a second to make sure I wasnā€™t mixing up Gorsuch and Garland, but the rest were pretty easy.

I just did a dry run. I canā€™t remember Sotomayor (Maria?) or Keeganā€™s (Elena?) first name and Iā€™m totally blanking on the newest judge that Biden confirmed. I can remember all the Rs though because theyā€™re destroying the country.

Er looks like itā€™s Kagan. Not sure if that counts.

My best attempt

Sonya Sotomayor
Elena Kagan
Kentani Jackson?
Amy Comy(?) Barret
Samuel(?) Alito
Thomas (totally blanking on first name)
Neil Gorsuch
Brett Kavanaugh
John(?) Roberts

Im like 70% confident I got them right. I think less than 5% of us adults could name all 9.

5% of 1% might stil be way high.

2 Likes

Kagan
Sotomayor
Jackson
Thomas
Alito
Roberts
Gorsuch
Kavanaugh
Barrett

Yeah, this. But Iā€™m a stickler. Iā€™d have counted both suzzer and coasterbrad above wrong. Suzzer for Keegan/Kagan and brad for Ketani instead of Ketanji. Iā€™ll give him ā€˜Comyā€™ since it is phonetically close enough. Iā€™d also require first names, so no Clarence is a problem.

That would also void nunnehiā€™s entry also, but that post has the look of someone who would get the first names if required. So, he would probably pass.

Snap taking the over.

Thatā€™s like 125,000 people. There are enough politics junkies and general trivia nerds to get above that number.

Liberals are easier to keep track of because there are only three

Conservatives are harder:

Dopey
Rapey
Jesusy
Waspy
Greedy
Hacky

6 Likes

Really hard to remember all the justices because they look and dress pretty much the same. They should have their names on their uniforms like baseball players do, would really help people remember imo.

Plus they could have patches for all their corporate sponsors.

12 Likes

I was wondering what was up with that.

I just watch pirated copies that pop up on YT now. Sure the sound is horrible and there are random zoom ins but I get the point.