The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

We should just nuke all nine justices and confirm nine new ones until we figure out what the hell is going on.

1 Like

Ace in draw poker, make KBJ chief and get 8 new ones.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/status/1654370709106221058

2 Likes

What kind of tires should I be buying for a Honda?

1 Like

My son’s older accord came stock with Michelin tires. They typically have the longest warranty and cost $145/ea plus tax/valve stems etc. via Costco. I think Les Schwab had tires for $75/ea and Discount Tire’s cheapest option was $95. Whatever fits your budget will be fine.

1 Like

I got a deal on some BF Goodrich tires for my fiancé a couple weeks back, $405 for 4 out the door brand new at Discount Tire (check your local listings). I have found that brand lasts me as long as Michelins and always cost less.

ETA those were 17” tires fyi. Typically once you go over 16” that’s when they start getting ridiculous.

Most tire stores here do that scammy shit where the price they quote is just for the tire; mounting, balancing, installation, disposal are all extra $$$. My fave store always check mine for free anytime the light comes on, plus free lifetime balancing and tire repair, assuming they can be repaired. If you have a Discount Tire Store in your area they are awesome. My only gripe with them is they are closed on Sundays.

1 Like
3 Likes

Car Talk (Best Tires for the Honda Accord in 2023 - Car Talk).

2 Likes

Oh thank God, at least for now

1 Like

The book deal wasn’t the problem.

It was ruling on cases involving the company paying her, and doing so favorably.

Reminds me of my short stint in car sales. We would take a trade in with worn down tires and send it to the used tire store to get some $20 replacements.

1 Like

Yeah I have had great experiences with discount tire.

1 Like

Where did you see that she ruled in favor of the company? The only cases I read about were petitions for cert, and we don’t know how individual justices vote on those.

i’m sure all of the justices have book deals, should there just be no copyright cases heard at the supreme court? there are only like 5 publishers in the US now.

It’s in the article.

No it’s not - from your article:

“The Supreme Court does not reveal how individual justices vote when it comes to “cert,” but it does note when they recuse, which Sotomayor did not.”

So we have no way of knowing whether she voted in favor of Random House or not.

1 Like

I read the article twice now, it doesn’t say how she voted. It says they don’t know:

The Supreme Court does not reveal how individual justices vote when it comes to “cert,” but it does note when they recuse, which Sotomayor did not.

They probably wanted her to flip a coin

To add more to this point, even if we assume Sotomayor voted in Random House’s favor, recusal would not have changed the outcome of the cert vote.

In both instances, Random House prevailed at the Appellate level, so they would not have wanted cert granted as that leaves intact the favorable Appellate Court ruling.

For SCOTUS to grant cert, at least 4 judges must vote yes, so recusing herself would have had the exact same affect as voting no.

1 Like