The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Fun fact: the NFL was a non-profit organization until 2015…

The NCAA still is

A lot of non-profits appear to very much profit. The religious ones are surely the worst, but there’s tons of grift in the rest.

The NPOs run by these people have to be saturated in tax fraud and money laundering. Even Ghislaine Maxwell had an NPO.

Yeah, I have some familiarity with this, it’s bad. Had a random internship in college at a consulting company that turned out to help non-profits put together a report so the execs could justify each other’s pay. The consulting company got a nice rate for the report too. Also, know someone who worked at a charity that got public heat for their spending a few years ago.

Most of the leaders in these “non-scam” non-profits went to fancy colleges or whatever where some of their peers are making a killing in the private sector. So their mindset is my college roommate Joe is making millions and millions at Goldman Sachs, how much of a “paycut” can I be expected to take when I’m working hard for this charity?

Can understand why one person would feel that way but when it permeates the culture… that’s why America is where it is. The idea that a non-profit should simply be a life of service is completely foreign. I want it both, I’m entitled to x% of the obscene amounts I “could have made” on Wall Street and I want the personal satisfaction that comes with working in charity.

Like Obama, the hope and change liberal champion, has a $8.1mm DC home and a $11.2mm Martha’s Vineyard home fresh out of office. Can understand him as an individual taking the money… he probably feels entitled to it since he was fucking POTUS and knows plenty of doofuses who are billionaires… but again, when it permeates the culture.

I did housing consulting for a few years for non-profits who got government grants to build low-income and elderly housing. Less than half, but a fair percentage of those non-profits were just profit motivated businesses/individuals that set up a non-profit to participate in these programs. Most were mostly legit though, aside from some of the big non-profits paying ridic salaries to the very top execs. Like The Salvation Army would compete for these grants and they are pretty famous for high salaries and ridic benefits at the top.

Yeah, I’m talking about the bigger charities/non-profits. The execs there are like I’m the head of a $100mm organization, I should at least get 40% or whatever of what my buddy who runs a $100mm private organization does.

Um dude, you got your “$100mm organization” by running heart wrenching ads begging for money to feed starving children, etc. You should put as little of it in your pockets as you reasonably can. How do you not get this, what the hell is wrong with you???

Really nothing confirms the Gervais Principle (that all leaders are sociopaths) to me more than a good “non-profit.”

I don’t know what their salary is, but many of them receive tons in private donations. The better maneuver is that their multiple mansions, private jets, closets full of $10K suits, are all officially owned by their church

Fuck the Salvation Army forever. I have hated them since I read the following story in 2007:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/charities-squabbling-over-33-million-estate-gift-from-ups-heir/

1 Like

I can’t believe McCaskill lost to this shitstain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sen-hawley-lays-down-new-antiabortion-marker-for-supreme-court-nominees/2020/07/26/52ed360a-cf73-11ea-8d32-1ebf4e9d8e0d_story.html?hpid=hp_politics1-8-12_hawleycourt-420pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

If you remember that McCaskill sucks, it’s quite easy to believe.

1 Like

This may surprise you, but I’m pretty sure that if Trump nominates someone else, all 3 will vote the same way and all will claim the nominee said exactly what they wanted to hear.

8 Likes

Check his financial reporting after making that statement and I’m confident you’ll see the point of it. He’s positioning himself in the party and getting positive and significant press coverage.

Misery

RBG hospitalized but only for a minor procedure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1289306245581725696

Gotcha :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Dislike.

2 Likes

This is what is referred to as “not funny” or “republican comedy”

Quality troll haters will hate

1 Like

Gotta Weekend at Bernie’s her ass through court if she dies. Can’t have a new justice replace her.

1 Like

Sadly, I’ve thought about this. I hope some hero doc will give her the full Ariel Sharon.