The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Pick the countries in Africa or Asia that are not the darkest color on this map that you would pick over the US.

1 Like

So when are they going to arrest Thomas and his wife?

Never? Got it. Good job, good effort.

G fucking G. Sadly these will probably be some of the least regressive decisions we see in the coming years.

Can we go back to ignoring the SC?

I assume this Eighth Circuit decision that boycotts don’t count as speech is going to be overturned at SCOTUS? It seems like an absurd decision on its face and conservatives presumably do not want to set a precedent that choosing to give or not give money for political reasons doesn’t count as speech.

Right-wingers probably feel justifiably confident it can be selectively enforced when desired, and ignored when not. Always with SCOTUS as the final arbiter.

Ridiculousness is a feature not a bug. It creates opportunities for discretionary enforcement.

Take the majority of the NE and the three West states and you got a deal

Hell the narrative in 2016 was that even if things went bad Hillary couldn’t lose because of the impenetrable blue wall of PA, MI, and WI.

Can we sue the Supreme Court? At least demand a cease & desist for inability to fulfill their duties.

Oh wait, this isn’t the LOL Law Twitter hot takes

Bill Clinton’s and Jimmy Carter’s electoral maps look pretty incredible by today’s standards even though they are both post-Southern-Strategy realignment, but them being good ol’ Southern white boys was pretty reassuring to Southern white racists that they wouldn’t upset the racial hierarchy, or at least not too much. There also was a lot of union-gutting going on that wasn’t even done until the Trump administration that pried West Virginia out of Democratic control.

Maybe if everyone has unregulated guns it will be like MAD and violent crime will go down.

Confidence in Congress way down, too.

Confidence in all major institutions falling like a rock in the Trump-era.

I remember watching Bill Clinton give a speech the day before election day 1996 because Kentucky was a swing state then…

He carried it in 92 and 96.

yep, which seems insane to me now

Dobbs out, Roberts concurring (lol)

RIP

Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey
are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the
people and their elected representatives

Both the Court’s opinion and the dissent display a relentless freedom from doubt on the legal issue that I cannot
share. I am not sure, for example, that a ban on terminating a pregnancy from the moment of conception must be
treated the same under the Constitution as a ban after fifteen weeks. A thoughtful Member of this Court once counseled that the difficulty of a question “admonishes us to observe the wise limitations on our function and to confine
ourselves to deciding only what is necessary to the disposition of the immediate case.” Whitehouse v. Illinois Central
R. Co., 349 U. S. 366, 372–373 (1955) (Frankfurter, J., for
the Court). I would decide the question we granted review
to answer—whether the previously recognized abortion
right bars all abortion restrictions prior to viability, such
that a ban on abortions after fifteen weeks of pregnancy is
necessarily unlawful. The answer to that question is no,
and there is no need to go further to decide this case.

STFU Roberts you little bitch

Welcome to hell.

All those suburban racist women who voted for Trump bc there was no way Roe would be overturned, hope you are happy.

1 Like