The Sumo Thread

OMGGGGG Tochi vs. Enho is adorable.

Iā€™m still a day behind (just watched day 3 but Iā€™ve seen day 4 results), wtf is Endo really this good? Heā€™s absolutely dominated Goeido over the last few basho, I really thought he was just mediocre at best but heā€™s been sneaking up the ranks.

Just a crazy tourney over all around so far. Anything could happen.

YOU get a kinboshi and YOU get a kinboshi, EVERYBODY gets a kinboshi

1 Like

I took Kakuryu and Goeido as my 1st and 2nd-round draft picks. fml.

He was the first Great Young Japanese Hope of the current era, rising quickly through the ranks and becoming instantly popular with Japanese fans for both his sumo skills and his looks.

His career has been derailed by injury over the past few years, but he seems fully recovered now and has regained his mojo.

1 Like

The correct answer is always Takakeisho.

1 Like

Not anymore, as both Yokozunae have withdrawn.

lol, he was already taken. I picked 5th and got Kak.

Iā€™m officially on the Shodai hype train.

Todayā€™s match with Takakeisho will be pivotal to the outcome of this basho.

1 Like

My boi Kaisei might get kachi-koshi? Heā€™s such a doofy scrub who has no business being in the top division but I always cheer for him for some reason. Feel like ever since I started watching sumo Iā€™ve never seen him do anything other than lose.

Who the hell is Tokushoryu? Dude just came out of nowhere and heā€™s demolishing everyone.

PS: fuck Goeido, what a bum.

Haha, wow Abi vs. Enho was amazing.

Also, Jesus, Takayasu just went str8 savage on my boi Takakeisho, but it still wasnā€™t enough to stop the ā€˜Keisho train.

Checking out the sumo reddit, and man, there is a backstory here, right? Dude is setting up his own underground sumo tournaments and shit.

Untitled

1 Like

North Americaā€™s mightiest sumo wrestler has retired. Nothing but love for him and wherever life takes him. Pure class all the way.

https://twitter.com/IchiroYoung_/status/1229309890071494656?s=20

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t even bring myself to watch the Takayasu match after I heard what happened. He was already in decline, looks like this may be the end of the road for his sumo career. :neutral_face:

Chiyomaru kyujo with fever. If heā€™s diagnosed with corona and it shuts down the basho, that could be the thing that sends Japan into a panic.

1 Like

Aw fuck this shit, sumo is the only sport I have left, and so many lower-ranked guys like Mitakeumi and Aoiyama are on a real tear right now. Itā€™s an exciting tourney right now; I donā€™t want respiratory diseases to take it away from me.