The Sacredest Of Sacred Cows: Getting Coffee During A Pandemic

(applies to me as well, my paper mill is “essensial” and been heroically going to work every day, shrug)

2 Likes

So your plan is to walk around firing bullets into the air until the local trauma wards are overwhelmed with gunshot victims, and then you’ll take a break?

There’s just literally no leadership and we know that the executive is fucking with the people under him so we can’t trust anything they say. We’re being run by a bunch of failsons who couldn’t get into college on their own, and we’re all getting to watch it collapse in real time.

2 Likes

Imo the burden of proof should be on you and Johnny to show a 15 second transaction that involves handing over a cup of coffee where both parties are wearing masks, and Starbucks is taking all kinds of precautions - constant cleaning, etc - poses any risk whatsoever. I’m not convinced at all that it does.

And again if that poses risk - grocery stores should all be shut down immediately because there’s 1000x more interaction - with people actually in the store for long periods!

If any health official thought there was legit danger in takeout transactions it would have been shut down. And that’s including knowing there are infected people running around. But you’re going to slam people for not taking that at face value and answering some higher moral calling based on their own analysis of the situation?

1 Like

No, we did that one a couple weeks ago

1 Like

#catfaceisright

BECAUSE we are high risk, we are doing A LOT LESS to quarantine than the rest of you.

Ya, that makes no sense.

5 Likes

This escalated fast.

2 Likes

3-14 days for symptoms to show

I’m sure you don’t believe this, right? This is USA#1, the market and corporations rule everything and get what they want

3 Likes

WHERE IS MY PARADE

2 Likes

Yeah I am not a big fan of a lot of the arguments being presented here. you can think that health care workers should stay away from starbucks without saying “fuck first responders” and you can think that they deserve to get themselves a cup of coffee without saying “f*** Starbucks workers.” Nobody is actually saying any of this stuff and you’re all being a bunch of disingenuous dinks

11 Likes

You changed the topic. BoredSocial later tried to walk back his initial claim of doing way less than others in this thread BECAUSE he is high risk. I mean wtf? That is obviously stupid.

1 Like

Well luckily for you, I can only pass it on to other fake brave guys who walk in the park or maniacally peek their head out a door and hand me a bag of food while we both wear a mask. So you can take comfort in the fact that all affected are of no concern to you.

But only 2-3 days of asymptomatic contagiousness.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0869-5

Our analysis suggests that viral shedding may begin 2 to 3 days before the appearance of the first symptoms. After symptom onset, viral loads decreased monotonically, consistent with two recent studies8,9. Another study from Wuhan reported that virus was detected for a median of 20 days (up to 37 days among survivors) after symptom onset10, but infectiousness may decline significantly 8 days after symptom onset, as live virus could no longer be cultured (according to Wölfel and colleagues11).

Big-time +1

1 Like

Lots of activity here.

From replies to him I was going to take someone off ignore to see more of his exemplary concern for people lower down the social scale, but

Damn dude, has your head been in the sand this whole time? The more people that have it, the more likely everyone else is to get it. Seems pretty simple.

Right but they can only pass it on to other people who are not taking what this thread deems necessary precautions. So we all deserve what we get and are of no concern to you.

I’m treating this as myself, would I stop someone who is still working my job from getting a coffee, No.

Do I want that place open, also NO.

I blame Starbucks tbh… Fuck them not their workers.

2 Likes

To be fair Starbucks are closed in 99% of other countries. It just seems to be the US where takeout coffee is deemed essential.

What’s the Covid life on a cardboard / plastic cup again?

2 Likes