The Raid (on Rebekah Jones's home)

So I take it there is no manual they can point to and say that they were just following procedure?

They seem like absolute scumbags.

She denies the allegations and claims they are getting the information from her devices to ID who has been talking to her.

She flat out denied when asked a second time.

She denied a third time. Cuomo being very explicit.

But not a legal waffle answer. Flat denial. For whatever that is worth.

Fyp My turn to put on the tinfoil hat.

1 Like

legally they can do all of that

Maybe this happened, but the video doesnā€™t show it happening. It shows Jones yelling that it happened. At one point one of the cops points his gun upstairs and presumably the children are up there somewhere, but from the video I have no idea if theyā€™re out peering down the staircase or if theyā€™re in bedrooms.

Obviously I think itā€™s completely insane to do an arrest for something like this with guns drawn, but I have no clue whether this is commonplace in USA #1 or not. Iā€™d believe anything about what arrest protocols in Florida look like.

good god dude the cop has his gun out and they do this shit all the time.

Thatā€™s his point? That this is probably completely normal. Not that such is good, but common

He questions Jonesā€™ credibility in the face of nothing but evidence supporting her. Thatā€™s absurd.

We would do the same with any right winger like Giuliani or anyone in that zone who had cried wolf one too many times. Its fine to wait for more evidence when neither side has given us good reason to accept their stories!

So you are saying donā€™t jump to conclusions but also justifying the other viewpoint jumping to conclusions. Glad we got that cleared up.

If you arenā€™t then please use your words better.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an absurd comparison. Again, thereā€™s a video

I really feel like a chump democrat in this thread.

Dems- allows for doubts in arguments, try to convey specific confidence levels

Reps- we are hoarding all the oxygen until you agree or we all die.

2 Likes

I think some of you might be interpreting the pointing the gun at the kids to literally. They may not of pointed it directly at the kids but they were pointing the guns all over the house. I would probably interpret that as pointing a gun at my kids.

Watch the video. At the point Jones starts yelling that he pointed a gun at her children, itā€™s impossible for her to know that. She has no vision upstairs at all. What she means is that he pointed a gun upstairs and that upstairs is where her children are located.

Itā€™s not really that relevant except insofar as itā€™s a plank of Jonesā€™s argument that this is state intimidation and not a normal arrest of someone suspected of breaking the law. Jones gets zero benefit of the doubt from me on this because I think sheā€™s a lunatic. Again, I think itā€™s the height of insanity to wave weapons around like that but as far as I can tell as an outsider, cops in USA#1 do that constantly.

1 Like

Just throwing it out thereā€¦ if you donate $1000 to the legal defense fund, Rebekah Jones will send you a personalized message of thanks (probably):

1 Like

Gotta admire their sense of humor at least

https://twitter.com/georebekah/status/1336154581009637379?s=21

That does NOT make it ok. Most any parent would react the same.

4 Likes

In defense of the cops, you never know when a brown person might jump out.

11 Likes

Come on, Chris clearly isnā€™t saying that their behavior is ok.