The Raid (on Rebekah Jones's home)

I have clearly stated that I’m withholding opinion. I’d like to see a clear, fact filled argument as to why you are so certain of your position.

So far if we are to believe the National review (what is the O in NRO?) then we also have to believe the every MSM outlet is in on covering up for RJ. The professional societies that continue to invite her as a speaker too.

Facts or stfu basically. Would really appreciate it the “facts” didn’t come from a very right leaning source. Thanks.

I mean, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that enthusiastic tribalism eventually turns you into dead end corners. Its simply not possible in the real world to draw a line that neatly divides the world into Us and Them, Good and Evil. That fiction can be preserved for a while, and can even be mobilized for a good cause (i.e. 2020 presidential election) but it will eventually break down. We have lots of examples of this on this very forum.

You admit that you didn’t read it and then characterize it the next sentence. Ok then.

Y’all may be right about RJ, but the critiques posted so far by you and Chris are laughable.

This all spun out of you and Chris talking about OFS, which has been conclusively proven that every thing y’all said about that was wrong. It’s been kind of funny to watch it devolve into NRO articles and near blind faith in desantis tbh.

1 Like

You’ve jumped into this argument halfway and are missing some serious context. No one has their wagon hitched to RJ. I’m not a believer in her really at all. However, there was some reflexive vitriol towards her about school openings from bob and Chris here… which led to reflexive defenses of desantis from the open for school crew.

The OFS people have sense been demolished with multiple sources demonstrating spread.

Now we’re getting NRO articles from that same OFS crew, and no acknowledgement about how the OFS policies killed a bunch of people in the states.

Again, what are you even saying? Do you think I’m lying about not having read this last night? Are you expressing confusion as to how I could get a sense of the length of a piece and the font it was written in without reading the whole thing? Get a grip on yourself, man.

Y’all may be right about RJ, but the critiques posted so far by you and Chris are laughable.

This all spun out of you and Chris talking about OFS, which has been conclusively proven that every thing y’all said about that was wrong. It’s been kind of funny to watch it devolve into NRO articles and near blind faith in desantis tbh.

“Near blind faith in desantis”? Again, what the fuck are you talking about?

1 Like

Facts don’t matter in modern politics. Trying to reason with the American people is an antiquated political strategy for people who like to feel good about themselves while losing.

There was vitriol because people on this site (and throughout the media) kept bringing her up, and she was obviously publishing nonsense. As a reminder, she created her own site to present the unvarnished truth in COVID cases, and this is the quality of that site:

and then this:

As I said in that thread:

I have no idea how this person has gotten so much credibility in terms of data/analysis, and the linked paper seems obviously preposterous.

Your effort to link criticism of RJ to support of DeSantis is complete nonsense.

2 Likes

Reflexively defending desantis school policy is still reflexively defending desantis

Actually, school reopenings coupled with appropriate prophylactic measures against COVID, which is the only thing I’ve ever advocated for, are not linked with a statistically identifiable increase in risk, and when very stringent precautions are taken, they actually reduce the COVID risk for household members of school-aged children.

If it validates your feelings, I’m happy to hereby formally acknowledge that unsafe school reopenings contributed to the spread of COVID and caused many deaths.

1 Like

Do you have a cite for people reflexively defending DeSantis’s school policy?

What actually happened is that you used studies that were either not applicable to the general population whatsoever or laughably poorly done studies to support opening schools.

Lots of people died because of that school opening decision.

This is not true. I guess you linked the post of mine that you did because you think it supports this point, but it squarely refutes it. The key point about schools has never been the exactly impact of kids-at-school vs kids-in-alternative-arrangements on spread, it’s always been that schools are important and that if we’re going to muddle through the pandemic rather than crushing it, schools should be open and case rates should be tamped down when they get higher than society has decided to accept with other interventions.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/georebekah/status/1394760281239212037?s=21

I dunno. Response here seems specific with easy to verify or refute receipts.

Counterpoint?

In that post you literally argue that it’s bad to assume that kids spread covid. No one would have argued with you about whether or not schools are important. GMAFB.

As is typical throughout the rebuttal, if you follow the links you’ll discover they don’t actually establish any of what Rebekah is saying in the text. The messages to Craig demonstrate that Rebekah is contemporaneously complaining about the work of coworkers (in fairly unprofessional fashion, btw), but it doesn’t demonstrate that Craig agrees with this. The email from Jessi to Craig is meaningless, I have no clue what the highlighted section is talking about. The only other cite is to Rebekah’s own tweets.

Even if it’s true that Duclos broke the dashboard by doing stupid things, this would not contradict what the NRO piece said about what was going on with regard to employee discipline and so forth. In fact, what the messages between her and Craig seem to demonstrate is that she has been moved off responsibility for the dashboard and these other people are trying to figure out how to update it.

1 Like

And if you follow the Desantis and allies bread crumbs?

It’s just not credible that you can determine who is being truthful from the publicly available information from non-partisans.

Bless you and your opinion. It’s the willingness to go all in and die on this hill that’s not understandable as it’s completely impossible to be that certain through all the mud being slung.

But you do you.

1 Like

You must be against school re-openings in Florida then.

Richard Corcoran, our caveman state education commissioner (who possesses neither a smidge of medical nor education training whatsoever and got his job solely based on the fact that he’s the term-limited former GOP FL House Speaker) was circulating a memo to county school superintendents a month ago saying that masks should be “optional” because “teh data.”

1 Like

I’m certainly against schools being open without mask mandates. From the context of the story you posted, it seems like some FL schools have mandates and some don’t, so I don’t think I really have a view on FL schools in general.