The Professional Wrestling Thread

LOL The Acclaimed blasting Kane’s twitter.

1 Like

Not a damn clue who is going to win this. I can make a good case for several teams.

Would not have been my choice. Doesn’t really seem to make a whole lot of sense.

AEW Double or Nothing is in Las Vegas on May 27. The WSOP starts May 29. Is anyone else thinking about this?

Special appearance by Phil Hellmuth where he gets the shit kicked out of him?

I can go for that

For those that want to hear the entrance:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1499196062153723906

1 Like

Was it just me or was the pop for Hangman super weak last night?

it was obvious a long time ago hangman just doesn’t have it for the top of the card. They tried all they could tho.

I can’t find it right now but someone on reddit had a point there are two kinds of baby face champions:Dusty and Hogan. The guy you want to see overcome adversity and the guy you want to see stay on top. Hangman seems really good at being a Dusty, but not a Hogan.

1 Like

Hangman winning the title was the culmination of like a 2 year storyline.

The “can he keep it?” question is obviously going to be less interesting. A babyface champ is HARD to book well.

I’m pretty surprised by how quickly it’s happened. Seems like he’s barely even been champ.

The fans were red hot when he won it, then still pretty hot for the Danielson matches. Since then it’s been like a match vs Archer and they’ve already turned.

Where were the programs against big heels? I guess, who even are the heels? There’s MJF, but it seems like most guys are just tweeners, and vaguely evil or whatever. I suppose it’s kinda tough these days bc you have wrestlers like Baker and Cole who blur the lines by having the fans do sing alongs with them, so how much can you really dislike them?

Anyway, the Revolution card looks pretty great, but the Adam v Adam match is probably in my bottom 3 anticipated, but ahead of Jade (who always sucks) and the trios match, which shouldn’t even be on an already big card.

She shouldn’t even be defending the TBS title, the Bunny was screwed
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/t07iwh/dynamite_jade_cargill_forgets_to_kick_out_of_the

1 Like

Who can you turn heel? Is Jericho going heel? What if Mox accepts Danielson’s offer and we get the match it seemed like we were getting before he went into rehab and had to drop out of the tournament?? Does anyone in the Face of the Revolution ladder match look like someone who can be programmed against Hangman?b Andrade? Malachi Black? Bring in Jonathan Gresham?

Andrade was the first that came to mind. But the main problem seems to be that there aren’t many top heels so most main events are vaguely face v face.

They could’ve turned Cody or Jericho I guess.

Just troll Jim Cornett’s and have Orange Cassidy win the ladder match and challenge for the title, with a bunch of Dark Order vs Best Friends/CHAOS shenanigans in the background.

Or have Wardlow win the ladder match and have MJF fuck him over in the title match, whether intentional or not to finally turn Wardlow.

Possible AEW Revolution spoiler below

Might have just been a weird glitch but there was a new Kenny Omega theme and entrance video that started before Kris Statlander’s entrance during the preshow👀

William Regal is All Elite.

Gotta be pushing his mid 50s by now right?

He’s 53 but I also don’t think he’s going to be wrestling. Almost 63 year old Sting is doing things like this meanwhile:
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1500687118296915968

Jfc is Steve Borden that bad with money?