The Professional Wrestling Thread

Yeah, if I’m Adam Cole I’m getting the fuck out of there ASAP.

This also applies to quite a few others. Pete Dunne especially.

No joke. How many times do you have to see someone called up to the main roster only to see them embarrassed and off tv in a month. AEW would be great for Cole.

It means the Michael McGillicutty era of NXT.

Who are even the big male successes from NXT? They have John Cena and goddamn Goldberg as the main challengers for Summerslam this year.

I think Seth is the only one without an asterisk, and that was before NXT really became NXT.

I guess you could make a case for Kevin Owens as well.

I think literally everyone else has either flopped to some degree, is no longer with the company, or is still in NXT.

Nice to see that the WWE has some viable competition.

I remember being a kid and having people argue that WCW was better than WWF.

does some small research

You got Drew McIntyre…but other than that yeah. Big E has finally started getting some momentum.

I didn’t count Drew because he had been on the main roster for 6 years prior.

I guess Big E could qualify, but that dude should have been main eventing major PPVs 5 years ago.

1 Like

Imagine willfully watching this shit?

1 Like

WTF did I just watch? Good lord.

Billion dollar company with 45 writers. This is the best they can do. Embarrassing.

You already let Bray “The Fiend” Wyatt go. You pretty much killed The Fiend with that unbelievably awful Hell in the Cell match. So you released Wyatt…why are they still doing fiend shit with Bliss. After watching The Suicide Squad, Alexa Bliss should basically the Harley Quinn of WWE. Instead she is winning because of a doll blinking…yeah…

Didn’t know Amy Schumer joined WWE

Should’ve seen some of gimmicks during the 90s. Akeem The African Dream definitely wouldn’t fly these days.

This definitely isn’t new. Papa Shango was a thing nearly 30 years ago.

Well yeah. We could be here forever if we name all the offensive stereotypes Vince used as gimmicks.

I wasn’t even really thinking about the racism, just the dumb supernatural shit like Ultimate Warrior suddenly having black goo running down his face.

2 Likes

I was like 8 when Papa Shango happened. Did anyone like him at the time? I feel any positivity towards PS is just “lol wwf”

No, but if he hadn’t been so terrible he wouldn’t have spiraled into a depression, surrounding himself with hos to ease the pain, and coming back as the Godfather.

So, real storyline is Shango voodooed all his ladies of the night, right?