The Professional Wrestling Thread

That’s because you’ve got half the brain that I do.

Sid’s look was elite for sure, but I honestly think peak Warrior might be #1 overall.

https://x.com/netflix/status/1829194811615699436?t=i1EejYVx3-Lp-m_VWF2arA&s=19

I’m very pessimistic that there will be a documentary/docuseries that does anything resembling real justice to Vince while he’s still alive.

Netflix is airing Raw live in about 4 months.

How bad can they really make him look?

I seem to remember Shoemaker talking on his Ringer podcast about a Vince doc that he was working on pre the firing. I wonder if that one got completely scrapped or if it morphed into this one. I’ll probably watch, but given the obvious ties between Netflix and the WWE (and Simmons and the WWE), I don’t expect them to fully cover everything (especially stuff that would look bad for people still at the company)

It would not surprise me if this is their way of burying him and the past. He’s obviously no longer involved at all and the Netflix deal is about to start. Rip the bandaid strategy.

2 Likes

C I N E M A

Our long national nightmare is over

2 Likes

Truly thought that would never happen. That’s one way to get me to try again.

I suppose I should have known this was possible. Back when they had HHH do the Stone Cold Podcast on the WWE Network after Raw one time, he specifically called out the three-hour Raw as something that he’d like to see go away, but when asked if it might ever change he understandably said, “That’s not my call.” And it still probably wasn’t by himself, but based on that prior comment, I have to think that he had a say in helping push this decision through.

1 Like

Heenan being the GOAT (12:44 if not cued up properly)

Episode 2 of the Vince docuseries. I had to rewind one part to see if I had actually heard Vince’s attempt at a defense directly. From an incident in the 1980s, they show a woman accusing him in detail of raping her. Vince’s response: “Once you’re accused of rape, you’re a rapist. But it was consensual, and actually…had it been a rape, the statute of limitations had run out!” WTF at him quickly pivoting to that last part.

1 Like

Guess I at least got the relevance of that line. They noted that in 2023, during a temporary lift of that statute of limitations, he threw a multi-million dollar settlement check at her.

So just a full on admission of rape. What a gem. Im glad that aside from a few months of the network and a couple live shows throughout my life Ive never put a dime into his pocket.

a full on admission of rape past the statute of limitations :point_up:t3:

just started ep 1, knowing me i’ll be done by tonight. should be good

Steve Austin: “I’m not a CTE guy. I just don’t believe in it.”

Great.

1 Like

Jesus fucking christ

getting a kick out of every time they say “world wrestling federation and WWF” the closed captioning on screen reads “world wrestling entertainment and WWE” haha

1 Like