The Professional Wrestling Thread

This. Remember what most of the jocks were like at your high school. Not all of them of course, but in a room of high school football players who have a shot to go pro, 75-80% of them will hold right wing views on the majority of issues.

Foley takes on the wings of death

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1715923570117759180?t=Xm8dhrZ4Qkh9tylwlmCqew&s=19

Mick Foley is a great guy in an industry of shitty people.

they should’ve never changed from that in the first place, their peak viewers is about what smackdown gets now.

now it’s just kinda limping along but man that roster is kinda rough now.

Roster seems pretty good relative to its place in the pecking order. Nothing that can pretend to have a chance of competing with WWE or TNA, but not unwatchable.

Didn’t watch this, but oof. (The “Becky” here is Becky Lynch)

https://twitter.com/_thejeopardyfan/status/1724965915924529448

Jeopardy is pretty America-centric. An American trivia contestant would suck on a British or Irish version of Jeopardy.

Hearing a non-fan gain an intelligent appreciation for wrestling just through preparing/studying for a role is gratifying. Bonus points awarded if they star on The Bear.

1 Like

They had that a British dude as one of the chasers on The Chase and he did perfectly fine. I don’t think that show is any less Americacentric than Jeopardy. He would be a dog to an American of the same skill level. Similarly a British celeb should be a dog to an American celeb, but getting zero correct responses is far below expectation (especially since those questions are much easier than regular Jeopardy episodes).

Also, Becky Lynch has been living at least part-time in the US for a decade, it’s not like she’s flying home to Ireland every week and has no idea what’s happening in the States.

1 Like

https://x.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1727680904326205777?s=46&t=MZ6hDo7KHLKIDL2qeG0oqg

3 Likes

I must not have seen this promo at all, I can’t imagine not remembering this.

Lol at HBK trying multiple times not to get strangled.

1 Like

Michael’s pissed level off camera after this promo scale of 1-10?

I can’t fucking believe that happened.

2 Likes

I wonder which brand he’s gonna be on, I’m guessing Raw and there’s gonna be a hell of a promo on Monday.

Shows just how tuned out I am that I had no idea what you could be talking about. Googled “WWE PPV” and discover it was Survivor Series tonight. So I jump to, “Oh shit, they finally ended Roman’s title run.” Wikipedia tells me that there was not a title match, and it has full results posted. At that point I go, “Uhh, is he posting on delay about Ultimate Warrior trying to strangle Shawn Michaels during a promo in 1989?” Eventually found my way home.

I suppose I finally have reason to feel remorse for checking out quite so hard. Wish I had seen that live.

CM Punk is back in WWE for anyone else who missed it. Crazy times.

Wat? Fucking why?

There is nobody who doesn’t come back.

(Macho Man’s return was simply precluded by an unfortunate early death.)

1 Like