The Professional Wrestling Thread

Oh come on, how could you mention nicknames and not mention Twinkle Toes McFingerbang (a.k.a. Kenny Omega)?

I prefer stories of old wrestling myself. Most of the new wrestling has lacked for storytelling and has been more of acrobatics show. That said, I absolutely love what I’ve seen from MJF. No idea why he isn’t winning like every yearly wrestling award there is.

It’s a bit hilarious how Cornette hates Trump but hands out nicknames like Trump.

Cornette’s nicknames are generally way more creative. Trump reuses his.

“And I will still walk up and down this hallway and say, ‘If you have a fucking problem with me, take it up with me, let’s fucking go’.” - CM Punk

Bray Wyatt died while taking a nap. A defibrillator that doctors advised him to wear was found in his car.

This is awesome.

https://twitter.com/kim_rey/status/1695914429915771025?s=20

1 Like

LOL, Twitter seems to be saying that Bryan Alvarez on Observer Live said that after the incident, Miro asked what happened and Punk offered to step outside if Miro had a problem.

I was playing an online game as part of a group and there was someone like this, needless to say I’m no longer playing that game. Dude regularly lost his shit over nothing.

Hearing shit like that makes me worry about AJ a bit. Domestic abuse amongst wrestlers has to be on the higher end of average

JFC Miro would destroy him.

What could Joe be referring to…

6 Likes

CM Punk is one of those guys whose in-ring performances and appearance don’t match his popularity.

I’ll never understand how he got to the top of pro wrestling.

Same way as most of the top guys in the last 40 years — he’s an elite talker.

apparently this was a joke between them

apparently what was not a joke was how upset punk was that aew didn’t have transportation for him
but aew didn’t do that for anyone for that ppv but that didn’t stop punk from chewing tony khan the hell out for it

tired of the different stories snap reported but that’s wrestling gossip

Why are people in the crowd cheering this? Thankfully, even the vast majority of Reddit thinks this is terrible. (Video in link)

https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/165y9c9/canada_didnt_stand_a_chance/

There are a lot of aew fans who love stuff like that. It looks so bad tho.

It makes the CD look like one of the least impactful moves of all time.

From those 20 seconds alone, I’m confident Meltzer is giving the match a minimum of 3.5 stars if he rates it.

Yep. The AEW fanbase is one of the most off-putting things about that company and one of the biggest barriers to entry for me personally.

Cornette coined a great term for shit like that: “aggressive tumbling.”