The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

BREAKING: Sick little freak sticks it to some corporations

https://twitter.com/KatrinaWTE/status/1592344406006190081?s=20&t=fWJU_Rwf7WHYOKOwhr2kiw

11 Likes

Fuck the airlines, they are the worst.

Oh no, frontier airlines has just been fined 8 hours of revenue. Got em.

3 Likes

The airlines make it so unbelievably painful to use flight credit I truly hate them

1 Like

which airline? I just used $500 from united and it was just me punching in a code at checkout. I got the voucher in 2020 and it was supposed to expire after a year but they extended it 3 years due to covid.

This was also my experience with Air Canada when they gave me a voucher code.

1 Like

Delta has been great for us when trying to change flights and move stuff around.

Sounds like an American problem. Shocking!

:vince3:

1 Like

:coolbiden:

Watch Biden veto it.

1 Like

With the Mormon church supporting it I’m a little suspicious of the details of the “protections of religious freedom” in it, but I guess we’ll see.

I’m fine with this amendment.

The church’s remarks come after the act’s sponsors added an amendment to the House-passed bill exempting religious organizations, including faith-based universities, from providing “services, accommodations, advantages, facilities, goods or privileges for the solemnization or celebration of a marriage.” Neither could the act be used to alter the tax-exempt status of any organization.

Roy Blunt
Richard Burr
Shelley Capito
Susan Collins
Cynthia Lummis
Rob Portman
Mitt Romney
Dan Sullivan
Thom Tillis
Joni Ernst
Lisa Murkowski
Todd Young

1 Like

So bipartisan!

Lol advantages

That term and the exact phrasing seems to be copied directly from state laws in several northeastern states.

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1592939393245130752?s=20&t=a9LlZQmfKcAJDGrTolhG_g

6 Likes

“include protections for religious liberty”

Haven’t followed this issue or even read the linked article, but I’m skeptical

Religious freedom stuff seems pretty limited. Basically can’t force a church or whatever to do your same sex marriage afaict