The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

My son says something about another $20k for pell grant recipients. Anyone know this part?

Just that it might happen

Is it

A 20+10=30
B 20 max w Pell

No one knows just rumor no details

that sounds like they were federal loans to begin with, and they would still be in play for bidenā€™s executive orders etc. consolidation and sale of the loan to a private servicer is irrelevant

He thinks he found that itā€™s up to 20 total. He has 25 so thatā€™s awesome.

(He went back on his own dime after spectacularly not completing any classes his first go round, bank of Dad helped out with some living expenses but not with school when he eventually went back).

interesting, thatā€™s not something iā€™ve seen, but i guess they are explicitly saying you are not eligible

They sure as fuck didnā€™t means test PPP loans

6 Likes

$500 billion in PPP loans were forgiven and it got approximately .01% of the criticism that 500B in student loan forgiveness is getting

7 Likes

Looks like maybe deferment until end of year?

https://twitter.com/potus/status/1562462774969581570?s=21&t=pED3caEYhV8g_l2-BMi2rw

1 Like

one. final. time.

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a household income limit for this if you file jointly?

How stupid to include this.

1. You already said it.

2. You can just keep fucking dangling the carrot indefinetly and get x% of people to vote for you and your team on it.

Holy shit.

2 Likes

lol i think iā€™m gonna be barely over the income depending on what year they choose, oh well, i only got like $5k in debt, only reason i havent paid it off is because the interest is low and it lengthens my credit history, dont actually care one way or another, i dont need forgiveness

1 Like

Likely double. That tends to be how these normally work

1 Like

Also, really concerning that he does not call this a tax-free forgiveness in the announcement. Most people cannot afford to add an additional 20K of income to their taxes and pay the hit, especially 9 months into the FY

My understanding is that in the Congressional bills they just passed they have some explicit provisions that say education debt forgiveness is considered tax free

1 Like

Havenā€™t read any more details that the Tweet posted above, but this seems significantly better than just the $10k limited to income <$125k that was discussed yesterday.

Limiting payments to less than 5% of income seems like a big deal.

Confirmed 250k household.

Other info here, just reading now

https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief-announcement/

1 Like