The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

On the topic of “who actually owns rental properties”, I would add that the core Dem constituency of “affluent but not mega rich professionals” is very much in play there. All of these mysterious people that own 1 or 2 rental properties includes a ton of doctors/lawyers/accountants types. Many of my peers will do something like buy a small condo for a kid when the kid is just starting out in the workforce, then convert it to a rental property.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1422594668110430214?s=19

Marcus also donated $263,400 in June to a joint fundraising committee benefiting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s campaign, her leadership PAC, and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), the party committee that works to elect House Democrats.

2 Likes

This is the kind of thing where a lot of establishment apologists will say “well it’s $250k, that’s not very much and probably doesn’t indicate any quid pro quo”. And yeah, that’s true to some extent. But there is one class of people who will consistently show up, cycle after cycle, and give 2800 bucks to their candidates and every now and then will cut huge checks to PACs and the like. Needless to say, its not the people who are about to be evicted for failing to pay rent.

2 Likes

At an absolute minimum Pelosi should have refused the money (that is, if she actually gave a fuck - she doesn’t).

Shit like this is why deplorables are able to use “both sides” arguments to justify their deplorableness so effectively.

4 Likes

It’s hard to keep track of $250k donations when you’re focused on multi million $ insider trading. Cut her some slack!

1 Like

I copied the $250k thing because it specifically referred to Pelosi but that was in addition to

George Marcus, chairman of both the massive real estate brokerage Marcus & Millichap and the real estate investment trust Essex Property Trust, donated $1 million on June 1 to House Majority PAC, a super PAC that works to elect Democratic lawmakers. The donation amounted to nearly 7 percent of the total funding the committee has raised so far this year.

I guess even $1M isn’t a huge amount but there was a game I used to play that taught me investing a little extra money at the right time was smart.

1 Like

I mean deplorables are going to be deplorable regardless. The real issue is it allows the right to discourage a ton of people who might vote democrats from voting by doing the both sides shit which the democrats give them plenty of legit ammo.

I know a ton of younger people who don’t vote and they cite shit like this and say both sides, and they aren’t really wrong. Although the game had changed now that republicans are full on fascists and are going to take control and eliminate even the possibility of change

The non-voters actually do have a valid point considering the Dem establishment is full blown helping the GOP do it. You can either vote for the fascists or their enablers. It’s not much of a choice.

There’s no better ROI in the world than giving a million or two to people in charge of allocating $7Tn of other people’s money every year.

7 Likes

“It’s a club. And you aren’t in it.”

-George Carlin

2 Likes

18 Likes

Not sure how “UNREAL” it is…

1 Like

Oh, sorry. $1M not enough.

https://twitter.com/Leahgreenb/status/1422656511218753549?s=20

From AP:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has identified a legal authority for a new and different moratorium that would be for areas with high and substantial increases in COVID-19 infections.

That legal authority had to be around here somewhere. Finally found it!

5 Likes

The ban is put on hold only in the surging mostly red states because lol dems

REACHING ACROSS THE AISLE! UNITY!

I really wish they would learn something from Trump and just take action and let the courts decide whether they had the power to later instead of all this hand wringing and triple checking paperwork.

4 Likes

Covers 90% of population. Artifact of having to have CDC being the agency to provide the justification.

But Waters also called on the CDC to act on its own. “I don’t buy that the CDC can’t extend the eviction moratorium - something it has already done in the past! Who is going to stop them?” Waters said in a tweet. “C’mon CDC - have a heart! Just do it!

2 Likes

Where are you getting that from? Haven’t been watching closely so I may have missed something.

Isn’t basically everywhere surging?