The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

This conflict has very little to do with COVID.

Relax, folks. The Mounties are on the way:

2 Likes

I disagree. Global economic insecurity and disruption breeds conflict.

This has been going on since 2013/14.

1 Like

I agree, it just adds to the frustration that nobody is covering him as though heā€™s completely full of shit. I know the corporations that own the mainstream media want the filibuster to stay put to protect themselves from regulation and reform, so I get why, and I get that he wouldnā€™t care and it wouldnā€™t matter, but itā€™s still super frustrating.

Thereā€™s like no chance Biden threatened him with investigations into his daughter or anything like that.

1 Like

If not for COVID and the ensuing supply chain issues and inflation, this would be the lead story on the news in America every night. As a result it would be getting a lot more political attention, and the likelihood of significant saber-rattling and genuine efforts to dissuade Putin from invading would be much higher.

Instead youā€™re getting Biden doing what seems like the bare minimum to throw up his hands and say, ā€œWell, I tried!ā€

Which may very well be the right approach in the current situation, I donā€™t think we have the stomach for war with Russia.

1 Like

I really hate to retweet Nate Silver, but I donā€™t see how this tweet is wrong:

Even Trump was smart enough not to be that direct. The more power you have the easier it is to scare the shit out of people without overt threats.

2 Likes

This is taken as gospel in DC, and it just isnā€™t true.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1483604011987181569?s=21

1 Like

I donā€™t think this is quite as easy as suggested, Im much more angry about Biden being incompetent/lying to progressives for illusory political gains than not overtly threatening Manchin, but lol at the threat that otherwise Bidenā€™s presidency would be over and heā€™d be impeached. Already gonna happen Mr Chapman.

My friends sons had to go back to Finland for their year in the army. I joked their job was to look east and make the call ā€œtheyā€™re comingā€ before being run over by the ruskie tanks.

You would have to be as dumb as democrats are to actually tell him. Just start have doj and irs launch investigation into his family until he gets in line and asks for a favor

2 Likes

Quick send over all vcr and dvd copies of red Dawn ASAP. Step by step instructions.

If you were going to threaten Manchin, the first step would be looking into his FBI files and seeing if there is anything there he can be blackmailed with, not threatening to investigate his daughter.

you should talk to him about molotov cocktails being a finnish invention.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking, all that stuff has already happened, including Manchin being a republican.

I mean itā€™s not like this would have been the first time such tactics were used, nor does it have to be overt.

Manchin and Sinema are computer-generated simulation names and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

1 Like

If he gets in line, how do you pull back the investigation to reward him?

Itā€™s on:

https://twitter.com/mschlapp/status/1483549431962255362?s=21