The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

Just pass it in the house and hang it around the neck of any senator who doesn’t vote for it.

Although at this rate voter suppression laws will require a current provable address and since you’re homeless…

We need a “places to move to thread”. Scandinavia, Finland, Switzerland, Holland, New Zealand and Costa Rica would start my first investigation list of places that are free, uncorrupt, relatively safe from foreign intervention and liable to be fucked by mother nature later than other places.

1 Like

I think there already is one. Can’t remember the name.

1 Like

lol, I knew I probably should have looked for one first.

It might be called Moving Abroad?

I think JT made it when he moved to Canada. I’ll find it.

EDIT:

1 Like

what’s worse, being in on it or simply just being incompetent? being in on it is much, much worse because that’s something that can’t be fixed by a blue wave, it doesnt matter how many D house or senators we get if Biden or Pelosi don’t actually want legislation that helps ordinary people to pass.

they are going to run the exact same playbook when the student loan forbearance deadline comes next month. Pelosi throws it over to Biden, Biden says he doesn’t want to overextend his powers, oops 50M people now have less expendable income than they did under Trump.

Most of the Netherlands is several meters below sea level. Definitely not a place to have on your list if sea levels start to rise and weather patterns change causing the main rivers to carry more water in spring.

2 Likes

True, but If there is anyone in the world who knows how to deal with rising waters it’s them. They’re contracted all over the world to build dams etc

The good news is that the government in Holland has had a flood water program for decades, long before climate change was a risk. Their Delta Programme lays an administrative infrastructure for dealing with rising sea levels, so that’s good. They’re in much better shape than, say, Florida which will depend on condo boards to manage climate change instead. I wish I was joking.

2 Likes

The majority report had a good episode on the eviction disaster. Apparently when the admin extended it this last time for a month they made it clear this was the last time. At the last minute due to realizing how bad this was going to play kicked it to congress. Congress didn’t have enough time to persuade the moderates so said fuck it let’s go on vacation.

The failure to get money out is equally incompetent. The system was just to kick the responsibility to local non profits lmao. Also they gave the landlords the option to turn down the money, and it turns out most of them would rather evict old tenants paying say 1k a month because they can get new ones paying 2k a month in this Market.

Just insane incompetence from democrats all around. Absolutely pathetic

1 Like

Likely not incompetence. More likely to be exactly how the dems wanted this to go. People renting for $1,000/mo aren’t the constituents the dems care about.

4 Likes

On the topic of “who actually owns rental properties”, I would add that the core Dem constituency of “affluent but not mega rich professionals” is very much in play there. All of these mysterious people that own 1 or 2 rental properties includes a ton of doctors/lawyers/accountants types. Many of my peers will do something like buy a small condo for a kid when the kid is just starting out in the workforce, then convert it to a rental property.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1422594668110430214?s=19

Marcus also donated $263,400 in June to a joint fundraising committee benefiting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s campaign, her leadership PAC, and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), the party committee that works to elect House Democrats.

2 Likes

This is the kind of thing where a lot of establishment apologists will say “well it’s $250k, that’s not very much and probably doesn’t indicate any quid pro quo”. And yeah, that’s true to some extent. But there is one class of people who will consistently show up, cycle after cycle, and give 2800 bucks to their candidates and every now and then will cut huge checks to PACs and the like. Needless to say, its not the people who are about to be evicted for failing to pay rent.

2 Likes

At an absolute minimum Pelosi should have refused the money (that is, if she actually gave a fuck - she doesn’t).

Shit like this is why deplorables are able to use “both sides” arguments to justify their deplorableness so effectively.

4 Likes

It’s hard to keep track of $250k donations when you’re focused on multi million $ insider trading. Cut her some slack!

1 Like

I copied the $250k thing because it specifically referred to Pelosi but that was in addition to

George Marcus, chairman of both the massive real estate brokerage Marcus & Millichap and the real estate investment trust Essex Property Trust, donated $1 million on June 1 to House Majority PAC, a super PAC that works to elect Democratic lawmakers. The donation amounted to nearly 7 percent of the total funding the committee has raised so far this year.

I guess even $1M isn’t a huge amount but there was a game I used to play that taught me investing a little extra money at the right time was smart.

1 Like

I mean deplorables are going to be deplorable regardless. The real issue is it allows the right to discourage a ton of people who might vote democrats from voting by doing the both sides shit which the democrats give them plenty of legit ammo.

I know a ton of younger people who don’t vote and they cite shit like this and say both sides, and they aren’t really wrong. Although the game had changed now that republicans are full on fascists and are going to take control and eliminate even the possibility of change