The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

Ok. And?

Can prolly change the 0% chance happening to a negative percentage since it’s all but guaranteed military spending will increase in this country regardless of who’s president.

2 Likes

True. This is probably where he “gives something to the gop”. Barf.

Edited.

From now on each administrations “achievements” will just be undoing all the EOs of the previous administration. 2024 the incoming GOP admin vows on day one to pull us back out of the Paris accord. In 2028 the new dem president will take us back into the Paris accord on day 1…

8 Likes

To be fair, only 10 of the 30 EOs are reversals. The other 20 are new. You are right though. This is a seriously fucked up part of the US system.

I still think the Dems should give the military a trillion dollars to fix all the infrastructure in the US. Let the Rs call it defense spending and say they won the negotiation.

5 Likes

This is a good illustration of the more fundamental problems with electing a Biden - his hires are going to be oldhead dems who haven’t pissed anyone off long enough to rise up the ranks. Like, I doubt Biden knew that this guy signed off on the reassignment, and I don’t even think that’s necessarily a failure of vetting on their part. But the pool of people they’re picking from is basically the same pool of people described in that Alex Morse article earlier, and you are never going to make things better if those are the voices in the room.

2 Likes
1 Like

My mom still watches lots of CNN/MSNBC even though she know its not the best. She said today at least they were going at the Republicans kinda hard over the obstructionism. Though I’m not sure if they mentioned the filibuster. Will ask when she gets up.

https://twitter.com/BeeInAHat/status/1352517624211636227

12 Likes

If his name was Poot I might like him more.

2 Likes

If you say BEETIGIEG BEETIGIEG BEETIGIEG! He will appear.

5 Likes

The world going one way, people another yo.

4 Likes

This is so infuriating.

“Turned off by Biden’s Approach.”

They’ve learned absolutely nothing. Reporting bad faith trolling as sincerely held belief. FOAD

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1352967444852314112?s=21

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/01/23/covid-relief-biden-gop/

I’m not sure it’s bad faith trolling. I think they are legitimately turned off by the approach of giving money to poor people.

9 Likes

I mean this is good news though. I thought theyd string biden along for months but this no fucking way shit clears the path to go straight for reconciliation and maybe even nuking the filibuster. GOP playing their hand poorly

1 Like

Here’s an idea: let’s do absolutely everything through reconciliation

1 Like

Except republicans would require the money just be suggested for US infrastructure, not mandated, dems would eventually cave and we get a couple more tanks.

This seems like a good idea but zero chance the dems get out of their own way on much of it.

Also, in general you can only pass one reconciliation bill per year.

1 Like